Do you think pantyhose are totally lame?

The Duchess of Cambridge is known for wearing them and I often see or hear her being criticized for wearing them by Joan Rivers & other fashionistas saying it's "out of style" and "so 1990's"

Is it really that big of a fashion faux pax?

Perhaps I'm biased since I love pantyhose :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I still wear pantyhose with shorts or whatever I'm wearing.Not all of the time but sometimes. Like the look.I guess I'm not a fashionable person. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Isn't the whole point of them to hide blemishes on the legs? I mean I could be wrong but I thought that was their whole purpose. And as far as I know, hiding visible blemishes somehow, one way or another, has always been done.

I could be way off, though.

• I know I do to hide scars cause my legs have old scars on them, but some women do it for the designs or for a "compact" feel without having to wear spanx

• Inever liked them in the 90s either, and even less now.

• They're so unnatural and usually not fitting quite right, so the women look uhdressed

• I think girls look great in them, so I hope they don't go out of style. Joan Rivers isn't the first person that comes to mind when I think of style anyway.

• You seem to be asking more of a fashion question rather than appearance? I don't know or care about fashion...I prefer bare legs but hose is sexy too...(

• i absolutly love the look and feel of sheer pantyhose. black pantyhose maybe with a little sheen is extremly sexy. bare legs with tattoos and flip flops are ugly and about as unsexy as it get. this guy here loves them!

• NO WAY! I love them I think they're very sexy!

What Girls Said 9

• Wow!Now, I've heard everything.Joan Rivers is criticising Kate Middleton?That's a good one!Joan looks like a Jack-O-Lantern, and Kate is so naturally beautiful,classy and stylish. I'm glad that she wears them, as I do too.They feel good, bring a finished or polished look to an outfit, and can be quite sexy,too. I'm with the Duchess any day.

• what does she recommend? stockings and garters? sometimes there's no other alternative when it's too cold to go bare legged. Joan Rivers would be harping on her if she wore trousers to formal events too so what's Kate to do?

• i don't know how a piece of a cloth can be called "lame"

every thing goes out of style and then makes a huge comeback

so don't throw them away :)

• I wear nylons all the time with skirts/dresses, don't care. I love them too.

• I could hardly call it a fashion faux pax, but sometimes its annoying when the crotch part is uncomfortable.

• lol I just saw something about this and thought the same thing! personally I think as long as you get the right color and they fit right they are fine. I'm still going to wear them

• I love them! Quite frankly, they are way more convenient than stockings and suspenders, lol. Especially cos you can get so many gorgeous pairs with embroidered/patterned designs on them. Loveeee them.

• It it pretty handy when you're always bruised in the leg area like I am. So therefore no.

• I still wear them sometimes.