How to get wavy beachy hair?

I've been trying to achieve this look , but when I use a curling iron the curls are ALWAYS to harsh and tight. Even when I run my fingers through them , there harsh. How do you get very soft wavy curls ? also , would using a curling wand be better then a curling iron with a clamp ?

Most Helpful Girl

• link I came across this tonight. It should give the most "natural" look possible.

Keep in mind, using curling irons etc will usually give you a more uniform wave/curl which doesn't look as natural

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• To get curls like that - it's better done more naturally - washing your hair, sectioning it off and then making pin curls, or rag curls - then leaving it to dry.

If you don't have the time - put hair spray on the sections of your hair before you curl them; and if you want softer looser curls, use bigger sections of hair at a time.

• If you still want to use heat try a 3 barrel waver. link

• don't blow dry them!

after washing comb through carefully and put a bit mousse in it, make 3 or 4 sections twirl them and make a bun, then let them dry on their own :)

• Its easier than you think just wash hair and braid it while its damp with some stlying product for it to last then unbraid when its all dry