Why does a skirt have more sex appeal than shorts that may be 2-3 inches shorter?

Isn't it true? But I have always tried to figure out why.

Hmmm... My question was more to do with just the look of a girl / woman. I did not mean having to do anything with her. That's why I had put this under style and not sexuality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Easy access? I know my boyfriend likes to see lots of leg for one thing, but he'll pick a longer skirt over short shorts any day.

I can get why, I suppose. There's the possibility for him to just pounce and not worry about taking off anything I'm wearing. Kind of primal, very sexy.

• In regards to your update, I'll agree with those who have answered by saying that it's feminine and that is what makes it more attractive. I certainly feel cuter in a skirt than I do in shorts. Same goes for dressing up. I feel elegant in a dress, whereas slacks and a jacket just make me feel professional.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, I think some guys not all, do view it as easy access. It gets there imagination going.

• Yeah Carrie .. but I was saying purely from the point of view of how it looks. For example, just yesterday, I saw a girl walking in a long skirt or I think it was a black wrap around. The wind was strong and her whole leg was showing up till almost upper thigh and she was trying to hold it. And I thought to myself, that looks so hot. But if she was wearing shorts and her legs were exposed anyway, it would not have had the same impact.

• It is a interesting question.

• You must be the first (and only) one Carrie, who got the idea behind the question. :)

What Guys Said 8

• Skirts are only worn by women, unless we're in Scotland...so they appeal to guys' imaginations, which are often sexier than reality!

• All a question of syle, what we identify as feminine, as you say in the update.

• I hate skirts so bad.

• men and women wear shorts -- skirts are for women (typically!) ...its feminine! and sexy!

esp with heels!

• For men, it's typically because it's ease of access when it comes to sex

But for women, it's about professionalism. It's OK to wear a skirt and still look professional, as long as it's an appropriate length

• Baggy shirt with some volleyball shorts gives the illusion that she has nothing on under it. Way sexy.

• Easy access!

• Easy access is why.

• Ease of access?