Does he really mean what he says?

So I recently got out of a long/serious relationship. I have came out of it with very low self esteem too and I have started going out and meeting so many new people. both girls and guys tell me I'm beautiful but I don't see it. I would like to think that a guy wouldn't say it just to get somewhere with me like that so how can I tell if he is?

Most Helpful Guy

• sometimes you can just generally tell if he's being sincere, if he's telling you with a relatively straight face that you're beautiful, he probably means it and wants to take you out on a date not just to get some

i know that when I made an apology to one of my friends, she knew I was being sincere because I had a relatively straight face on but at the same time, there was just a good aura around us, I could feel it

What Guys Said 12

• 4|0
  • From what someone says generally you can't, people can be convincing liars but that's a very pessimistic way of thinking.

If people offer you compliments accept them even if you think its not true everyone likes being told they are beautiful.

You do seem to have low confidence and this is affecting your trust in what people say, you obviously think that since your last relationship failed this has knocked out confidence and made you question many things about yourself. As human we tend to be our own worst critic.

Be positive and I am pretty sure you truly are a beautiful person in all senses of the word.

• If he didn't think you were attractive he wouldn't be trying to get anywhere with you, I mean really guys arnt going to throw compliments if they don't see something attractive about you. They might give you one or two to be nice if they're not attracted but if you say "nooo that's not true" and try to deny it the guy will either back off if he's not into you or try to reinforce the idea if he is.

• How to tell if he is trying to get somewhere with you? Well, if you meet someone new, and the first thing he says is, "Hi my name is... What is your name?" he isn't looking for anything that involves getting in your pants. He's being honest about himself and interested in you at the same time.

• I'm not so sure why women have such low self esteems about themselves. First, please post a pic of yourself or friend me or email me (covertoperationsandstorm@yahoo.com) with your pic and let me see what you look like. After all, it is hard to tell someone that you're beautiful.
    Yes, we all do have our little faults, but don't berate yourself over it. I don't like how my voice sounds, but it is what was given to me and I can't really change it.

• If he is telling you look sexy and hot he's problly thinking about getting with you but if he says things like how beautiful you are it's most likely genuine also the way he looks at you may help if he looks you in the eyes he most likely means it

• if you have known the guy for over 3 months and he hasn't tried anything he's probobly telling you the truth but other than that just judge what he does to see if he is really interested in who you are or what you are

• His actions towards you. Where he stares at you.

• If he sticks around

• He might not I don't know what u look like but if u got a nice body prob more chance he don't like ur person but likes ur body

• lmfao

• Yeah,I Beleive It's The Real Deal,He Wouldn't Go Through his Time Calling You Beautiful Id He Didn't THink Soo,!

What Girls Said 4

• Even if a guy is telling you that you're beautiful just to "get some," that still means he thinks you're attractive. Guys only want to sleep with girls who they think look good. So if you get guys coming up to you, that means they think you're attractive whether they want sex or just a relationship..

• Honestly you will never know until you get to know the person. I've just recently learned that just because a guy you loved broke you down And hurt you doesn't mean every guy is this way. There are good men out there who say what they mean and mean what they say

• I'm beautiful too and most people stop in their tracks to tell me so, but you have low self esteem, more than likely, because you're not happy with what is on the inside. Confidence begins inside, are you light-hearted? Giving? Fun? Helpful? Intelligent on at least one subject? Personable? What do you have going on for yourself, besides outer beauty?

Trust me, as a former Model, looks aren't everything to men, even in that profession. Stop sweating the small stuff like beauty and work on the inner core.

As for men, YES, men will say almost anything to get you into bed, including you are beautiful, even if you are not to them. Men have a sixth sense and they sense insecurity. If you know, you have a lot to offer and you offer it, then likely he is interested in more than just looking at you. Ask him why he thinks you are beautiful and the things he likes about being with you. Then you'll hear his sincerity.

• I truly do not know if he does.