Guys, what is your opinion on girls who wear heels to class?

At my university so many girls where heels and dresses to class.. even at 8 am? What do you think of this? I'm the type of girl who literally goes in sweats and a t shirt to class... If I'm going out I dress up...

Most Helpful Guy

• Overly materialistic. School is something you attend to learn, not to impress. Don't get me wrong, anyone can look good when they dress up, but school is not a fashion show. That doesn't mean you can dress nicely, but heels are a bit unnecessary if it's just a regular day at school. Heels are something I expect women to wear when they want to get picked up, or out on a special occasion. Anything else to me just says "I dressed nicely today for no other reason than to get noticed...essentially because I need that to feel good about myself."

What Guys Said 13

• if is late at night at a club, bar, restaurant etc; I say is sexy and classic. but in university/college at that time, I kinda despise that. it makes me think they are too damn superficial, they are trying to hard. and it triggers my "flight" instincts

• Heels look sexy, sweatpants and t shirts are not as much...

• Does not really matter. They must find it important for some reason. If its just class, I would go in sweatshirt and jeans...especially in the morning. For morning classes, Mostly, I just wake up brush my teeth, splash some water on my face, comb my hair spray some deo, put on jeans, some comfortable tshirt, sweatshirt and then I am out the door!

• I go for sensible females like you...every time...(:

• My opinion is I'm short

• I don't notice, so it doesn't really mean that much to me.

• Annoying. I hate hearing that 'click clock'' noise of those shoes as they walk down the hughway. makes me want to snap the heel off!

• high maintenance

• Only girls pay attention to other girls' shoes.

• I just think they felt like dressing up and looking extra nice

• I would be either watching your body or your face,not feet

• Don't really care. If they want to shorten their Achilles tendons, let them. None of my business.

• I would love it if the girls at my university were like this

• do you mean if they wore heels and dresses? or do you mean wearing a t shirt and sweats?

• Heels and dresses - that makes them look feminine, and I love feminine women

• gotcha :)

What Girls Said 8

• I do the heels and I also do the sweatpants or pj bottoms. Some people are just more comfortable knowing that they put effort into their appearance, maybe they are going to work after and need to look fancy? Sweatpants or pjs are definitely the more lazy looking choice but just means you will be supertastically comfortable and ready to crawl back into bed for an extended nap after the class is done.

• Some girls just really care about their appearance.

As for girls who usually dress nice to class, I usually get the impression that they:

-have something important going on that day that they need to look for

-are trying to impress someone

-just want to look good

Sweats usually make you look kind of lazy and are basically not the best "fashion" choice.

The worst is the girls who tuck their sweatpants into their Ugg boots. I mean.. come on, what?

• I like dressing up for school, it's fun for me. I have a lot of fun getting ready in the morning and experimenting with different styles. I actually can't stand when girls come to school looking like they just rolled out of bed. My mom is a college professor and she hates when her students come to class in sweatpants, in her words "people who wear sweat pants to school are not ready to learn, they are ready to sleep." She and a lot of her collegues actually find it quite offensive when thier students don't bother at least putting on jeans.

But hey, this is just one opinion.

• lots of the time I'll wear just some cute ballet flats, sandals (if the weather allows it), or my sneakers, but I am guilty of wearing heels to school just as often. for me it just depends on what looks best with my outfit. a big part of that though is because I was tormented constantly as a kid for every little thing, so now I have this issue that if I don't look my best when I'm out, then I'll get tormented again (I know it sounds silly, but if you knew the things I've been through, you'd understand why).

however. I am just as guilty of going to school in sweats and a tshirt with my hair thrown up in a 10 second ponytail.

I'm hard to figure out like that :3

• I think you should be who you want to be, wear what you want and look how ever you are comfortable...I see nothing wrong with heels or sneakers...anymore than makeup or no makeup.

• To me it just screams high maintenance, like there is others ways of looking nice. Also makes me feel like they are trying to hard..

• What's wrong with being dressed up for class?

Good for them! Strut it!

• nothings wrong lol! I wish I had the time and patience at 8 am to look as good as them! I am just curious about what people think :)

• It's not bad at all.. I enjoy waking up early to dress up.. You pay more attention in class. ^_^

• I'm guilty of that , I love wearing heels and dresses. I'm a girlie girl, I hate putting on my jordons to be honest, I work out and hate wearing them. But you can't workout in heels.