Is it better to look my age (22) or like a teenager?

I'm turning 22 in a few days, but everyone thinks I'm 15 or so. I have trouble getting into bars and clubs because they think my ID is fake, the only guys that try and talk to me are in high school, and people at work often treat me like the kid of the office and don't take me seriously.

My young look is mostly due to my genetics; I just look young. I shop at places like Ann Taylor and J Crew, so my clothes are more classy and sophisticated than most teenagers dress. My hair is always styled (curly for business, straight for casual) and my makeup is very natural and subtle.

What can I do to appear more my age? Or should I just count my youthful appearance as a blessing?

Most Helpful Guy

• In a very few years you'll wish you looked younger! So just ride with it, people who know your age will treat you appropriately and as far as not being able to get into clubs, just laugh it off.

I'm surprised that your clothes don't make you look your age, frankly...

What Guys Said 1

• I would take it as a blessing. In 10 years, people will probably be jealous of you.

What Girls Said 4

• Right now it sucks, but you'll appreciate it in 20 years or so.

• I have this same problem, people often think I am in middle school or I 'm 16. The only positive I can see is that I won't age fast. By 40 , will probably look like I am 20 or 25.

• you probably find it annoying now, but later on, you will appreciate it :P

• I think looking younger than you

are is a good thing

but yes it can be annoying aswell (-_^)