Are maxi dresses back to stay? Or will it disappear in a short time?

I don't see people wearing these out, just at parties and indoors.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think so long as so many women are overweight, they'll find these flattering and comfortable. I thik it will be a lastng trend in the US.

• I think you mean mumus. A lot of maxi dresses are made of clingy fabric that shows the body's outline and all curves so you won't see many fat chicks wearing those anywhere

• Not really fat ones, no, but they hide a little plumpness...

• Thanks for the best answer!

What Guys Said 1

• wtf is a maxi dress...?

What Girls Said 9

• Yea, I think they are being used now for more formal events, where longer dresses don't seem so out of place. They do make a bold statement, that is probably why you would see people wearing them at parties. They also make great dresses for cruises or on vacation.

I think in the summer people are going to wear them to the beach, but it's a trend that has significantly cooled since last summer. But I know that Old Navy still has tonnes!

But for everyday wear, I don't know, don't think I've seen many people wear them.

• I really like wearing them for a lot of occasions when the weather is right. It's often very windy where I live, so a long, flowing dress is sometimes the only way to go when you don't want to wear pants or shorts.

I don't know what the future has in store for them, but if they were to go out of style, I'd make my own and wear maxi dresses anyway.

• maxi dresses are always in over the spring/summer months.

• I wear them all the time. I'm tall and thin so I find they suit my body type quite well

• I hope it's not here to stay because I think they look silly.

• Silly? Compared to say a miniskirt?

• no, just compared to a normal knee length summer dress. I think the proportions of a maxi dress aren't very flattering on most women.

• In my area, it's still a little too cold to be wearing them out but when summer comes, I, and probably many others, will definitely be wearing them regularly. I love them and don't think they'll go out of style for a long time.

• i'm not quite sure

• A lot of girls in my area still wear them. I think they look fine, I just wouldn't wear one.

• They're still being sold in stores but I haven't seen anyone wear one since..last year?