Would you rather be unattractive or attractive...?

But only able to attract unattractive people

This Idea just came into my head because I find this girl attractive and she is conventionally attractive. Probably just above average by general societal standards, yet she seems to not like the attentions of guys who are less attractive than her, but at the same time I know she is single and some of my guy friends who are attractive think they can do better

What are your thoughts. personally I'd take attractiveness if it beats being alone

• Attractive
  • Unattractive
That is, being unattractive and getting whatever comes your way or attractive but only attracting unattractive people

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you rather be unattractive or attractive but only able to attract unattractive people?

Attractive but only able to attract unattractive people.

Who I attract doesn't negate what I'm attracted to and I can pursue what I'm attracted to.

"Probably just above average by general societal standards, yet she seems to not like the attentions of guys who are less attractive than her, but at the same time I know she is single and some of my guy friends who are attractive think they can do better"

It's not surprising your some of your attractive guy friends think they can do better. It seems guys tend to pursue gals who are more attractive than them look at the less attractive guys pursuing the more attractive gal and the attractive guys preferring to do better than an attractive gal.

Most likely the societal stigma of being a gal without a guy and a future pathetic cat lady will get to her and she'll end up with one of the less attractive guys who is pursuing her at the time because she wants a relationship and she can trade her beauty for safety in him staying with her.

What Girls Said 2

• i honestly don't know what to answer. I guess it depends on the degree of unattractiveness for both. I do know that girls are more likely to end up with a guy that is "less attractive" then them. I don't really know why this is, but it might have to do with girls' self esteem and them trying to make themselves feel better about how they look. If they are in a relationship with a more attractive guy then they might be nervous that the guy will leave for a more attractive girl. But if they are with a less attractive guy it's a safety thing.

• ok. I see your good point

• I can't answer this question. To me it's all about personality.

• ok then,I understand that there are many variables. Lets say that all the variables were the same except the ones I described . if these were your only choices and you had to pick one which one would it be?

• Attractive then I suppose. Most really attractive men suck anyway, unless they are emotionally damaged in one way or another. I can NOT stand men with big egos!

• thank you for answering :)

What Guys Said 0