What is your definition of the word "buff"?

In the sense of body type. I've heard many people use it, but it is as yet undefined for me. I'm inclined to think it's sort of a halfway point between chubby and muscular. IE a guy's not exactly in the best of shape, but still quite strong and has nice arms type of thing. Your thoughts?

Interesting. Thanks for the answers everyone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Buff as me and my friends have always understood it is someone that is just naturally big and muscular and has a lot of meat on them! Not necessarily ripped either but can be.

What Girls Said 3

• I think its a person who has big arms and is in shape. Pretty much the same as a meat head but not that obsessed with his body.

• buff=tuff

• my definition of "buff" is

someone who is "too much muscle"

link

if you can say that hehe (-_^)

What Guys Said 3

• There's cut, which is like, skinny but extremely well defined. Bruce Lee would be cut. Then there's buff, which is like, above average muscular. LL Cool J is buff. Jacked is like, huge. Like disgustingly huge, Arnold Schwarzenegger back in his heyday was jacked.

• Six pack dude. muscle bulging through his shirt

• When I think buff I generally think of A beefed up chest & arms overall a built body the six-pack is optional.