How long do good-looking guys/girls go without boyfriends?

I know that many people that would be considered average looking can go years without a girlfriend or boyfriend. So I have been thinking about really good-looking people. My guess is that they must enter a new relationship almost right after they leave one, or when they get over it, so its like they always have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

whoops: how long do good-looking guys/girls go without girlfriends/boyfriends

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like I have to preface this by saying that I always feel awkward when I have to admit that I think I'm attractive =/ but yes, I do think I'm attractive and I tend to go a long time between relationships. I go on a lot of crappy dates and get asked out by a lot of jerks. When you get asked out all the time you tend to always wonder what someone wants from you when they're talking to you & it takes time to build a level of trust with someone and when that doesn't work out it hurts (especially when you realize they may not have been that nice guy you thought he was). Maybe my nice guy radar has been damaged? Anyway, it sucks because I would love to have someone great in my life, I just need to find him and you can't rush that.

P.S. Definition of a long time: Longest was 3 years currently I'm at 6 months

• There still some extremely good looking guys who are nice you just have to look real hard behind the smile and eyes and movie start cheeks

What Girls Said 4

• joejoe has it right... Looks don't affect ones ability to make choices...and good looking people don't choose to relationship hop simply because of their looks. Like anyone else..if they feel they need to give it a break and concentrate on themselves, they certainly can.

The longest I went was 3 years...I got hit on all the time, and none of it was tempting. When I did decide to start dating again, I spent a lot of 1st (to be last) dates wishing Id stayed home instead. Its not that hard to be single actually...I rather enjoyed it...especially when my friend complained about their relationships...then I loved being single ;)

• Honeslty its not always like that where a really good looking person will go immediately into a new relationship.

• Yeah I think it depends on the person... and how picky they are... and other factors

• Looks have nothing to do with it! Sure, being good-looking means you get asked on more dates, but going on dates doesn't mean being in a relationship. I'm good-looking and get asked out a ton, but I'm picky and rarely find a guy I want to get serious with. Currently going on two years since my last boyfriend, and probably 100 dates since then. :(

• I had over 50 girl friends in a 10 year period the funny thing is that I'll never had a chance to ask one out myself they alway from for me :0

What Guys Said 3

• They don't necessarily always have someone - they may want to focus on other endeavors in their life, or focus on themselves for a while. On the other side of the coin, I had a suitemate in college who fit the stereotype to a tee: through the 4 years I knew him in college, he was single for about 2 weeks of that time period and had been through about 6 girlfriends.

• As a good looking guy (I've had modeling scouts approach me) who has sometimes not responded when beautiful women have pursued me, it is because those particular beautiful women were also wealthy and famous (no BS, and I won't name names). I'm not broke, but I'm not wealthy. And I would feel so awkward dating a wealthy woman. And I figure once they found out how much more money they had than I, they'd drop me, anyway. I saw beautiful and charming Alyssa Milano on a talk show (before her recent marriage) complain how she hadn't been in a relationship in two years, and how her wealth and fame scared guys off. She said, "And I just bought a mansion in Beverly Hills, and I know that's going to be the kiss of death." And I knew what she meant: I wouldn't want to date a woman who lived in a mansion. What the heck could I add to her life? So that's an example of why two good looking people who--despite being attracted to each other-- might not get together.

• As long as they want...