Guys with huge muscles?

I'm not saying I don't like a guy to have muscles, but I was just wondering, Why do some guys want there muscles so big(like body builder big)? Personally I just don't find muscles that big attractive; like especially if you can see there veins bulging, it just doesn't look good(the same goes for body builder girls, I just don't think that they look feminine when they have muscles that big...not saying I would want a guy to look feminine though. lol).

Most Helpful Guy

• bodybuilding is like anorexia, the guys starts out to build some muscle, then thinks its not bigger enough, and tries to get bigger and bigger. I and the cycle keeps going. I am doing muscle building, but I am making sure I don't get to big. I don't want to be either. I just want an athletic body really. I want a body like those guys just wearing boxer shorts in adverts. but I don't really care either about my muscles either. I would like to get six pack.

i want to be in the middle, not big, but not skinny. or fat.

• or the other reasons they want to pursue it as career, because they can earn good money. and they love doing. some guy think by being big, it will scare other guys off. big muscle mean nothing. bodybuilding strength is not really practically in the real world. if they had to fight a martial artist a really good, they would loose. and people don't realize there is different types of strength. they would not a chance against someone like bruce lee. bruce lee did not have bodybuilding strength.

• This is perfect answer.. nobody said this before, that bodybuilding is "anorexia for guys".. in the same way as girls don't know at which point they must stop losing weight to look healthy so also guys don't know when to stop building muscle.

• thats what can happen, I started bodybuilding many years, wanted big muscles. just wanted to get bigger and bigger. I stop because my mum said I was getting to ugly. so started running and loose the size. I didn't want girls find me unattractive. my alright now.

What Guys Said 11

• I think there are three reasons

1. The guy simply doesn't realize most women don't find this attractive or he figures there are a handful who will, because there are some girls out there who do like the super buff guys.

2. It's an ego thing among men. Men like to be bigger and stronger than their peers. It's an ego boost knowing that when you walk into a room, people are psychically intimidated by you because they all know you could kick there ass at any moment.

3. They just enjoy the sport of body building. Going to the gym, watching themselves get bigger, and betting healthy is fun for them so they have a hard time stopping. Kinda like the guy who loves to play video games. He knows girls hate it, but he doesn't care because he is passionate about it and has fun doing it.

• I think the user below who said it's like anorexia for guys is right.

Personally I could never do it. I mean I want some muscle but I would never want to get so big it would affect the way clothes fit and made shopping difficult. That's just retarded IMO.

• A lot of times it just becomes very addictive to become bigger. Some guys (myself included) can get bored easily when they get to a plateu or a period in their weightlifting experience where they just need to "maintain". I started out at 118 lbs, then two years later got to 147, two years later I'm at 160 lbs and some people have told me that I'm getting a bit too big (5'6) but now I want 175. It's a never ending personal challenge to see how far you can really go.

• Many girls have told me they don't find this attractive but if they are bodybuilders it's something they are passionate about just like somebody can be passionate about basketball or football.

• That is just your opinion. Many girls like the big bodybuilding muscular guys otherwise, why would they be doing it? Especially the girls who are very beautiful who have high standards and confidence.

• I was the same way I kept st it for years until my family told me I got to big so I went down to 180lbs and I just maintain my physique now.

• I want to be as big as I can naturally to see what my genetic limit is.

• Glad to read that most women don't like too huge. Gonna have to slow down on the heavy weights ;-)

• Gonna get shredded, if ye in ya in m8.

• For guys like that, it's not even about the sex appeal. The gains they make are rewarding by themselves. Not everything a guy does is about sex, you know.

• that is true as well. they also enjoy it building big muscles for themselves. but don't care what every girl thinks.

• guys care about their muscles and body building so much because it's a non verbal way to convey suitability as a partner.

What Girls Said 3

• I have a friend that does body building. I always wondered the same thing. But here's how it works, it starts out as just trying to get nice tone and muscles and whatnot, but then once they get that they need a new goal to go for, so for some, they take up body building. It kind of turns into an obsession. You start thinking to yourself, "Oh, I just want to look like this." But after so long that's not enough, you need to keep pushing to keep the endorphins coming and it really is, a drug-like addiction. I know most of this from personal experience as well. I always used to say I just wanted to be in shape, but now, I want a six pack and to be able to life certain weights and whatnot.

• You're an idiot if you think that men working out are there to impress you

Get off your high horse, it is a sport and they love doig it. If you don't like it then shut up

• bodybuilding is gross