What's so great about long hair?

It's pretty clear that the vast majority of guys prefer long hair (on here and there's proof from studies that men prefer it by FAR), but why?

What's so awesome about it? What's the perfect length? Is there ever hair that's too long? Why are guys SO into long hair?!?!

If 2 identical girls had one short hair and one long hair, would the long haired one get more attention?

• I prefer long hair
  • I prefer short hair

Most Helpful Guy

• link

Example with Emma Watson. I'm no her hair is more medium length then long, but you see the results. I not saying all women with short hair are uglier, but longer hair looks nicer on most people.

What Guys Said 8

• Sure..long hair is definitely more feminine...and almost every guy will prefer it...but...guys are not usually hung up on long hair...it is a great way to initially attract a guy but how many older females have long hair? I had a ponytail when I was 18 (as well as full beard and moustache)

but long hair is a lot of work and I started going bald in addition...so started to really look like hell...my wife's hair is almost as short as mine..lol..she is still female...another thing...guys are much more flexible regarding female's hair then they are other aspects...not sure why...I will post a Question about this...example: I not only prefer little or no makeup, I would not date a cakeface...on the other hand...I definitely prefer long hair but I would date..*and married* ..a woman with really short hair...(:

• Long hair is definitely more attractive - it's more feminine and more touchable.

However, the two most popular girls when I was at school/college (and the two most successful with the boys), were a pair of identical twins - one had long hair; but the other had very short hair. It just isn't a big deal compared to things like personality (I suspect in this case, the possibility of a threesome with twins probably added to their appeal also).

• Cause girls are supposed to have long hair. Short hair is for guys (which puts me in a hypocritical position as I have long hair haha). But yeah, long hair=awesome

• Long hair is so much more attractive.

• I don't know why I like long hair, I just do. If it's hanging low enough to reach her legs then it's a little too long. If it's just at her butt, then it's good.

• girls look the best with shoulder length to mid back hair. Its just more attractive than short hair, especially if its shiny and soft.

• When it's long silky smooth wavy hair I just love it. It's so fun to play with it and stroke it and such :P even my own. It's not a requirement or anything. But it's just a nice :)

• I don't think there's anything particulary awesome about it. I would prefer shoulder length rather than down to your knees.

What Girls Said 7

• something to hold onto? I like my girls with short hair and my guys with long

• It is more feminine, it makes the girl look more beautiful,it doesn't mean that the girl looks ugly with short hair but the longer hair just stands out, we all are used to the idea of men having short hair and women having longer hair.

To me for example: I don't find guys with long hair attractive, they look girlie to me because I'm used to the idea of men having short hair,they look manly.

• It's feminine.

• it looks nicer?

• They're going to say it's about health lol.

That's the most hilarious reason I've ever seen. Come on, unhealthy girls can have long hair and healthy girls can have short hair. Thickness of hair is more of an indicator of health.

If guys are going to say long hair is sexier, and healthier, and more feminine,

I'm going to say guys who aren't bald or balding or thinning or receding on their hairline are sexier, healthier and more masculine.

This answer is from a girl with mid-back length hair but I just think it's stupid that guys (the lonely girlfriendless guys on this site) care so much about a girl's hair.

• It depends like if the long hair looks bad my guess short hair wins but I want longer hair because I can do more styles..plus I have curly hair and don't wanna straighten it so it all goes to a ponytail

• wrong. Long hair always wins for whatever reason. There have been studies that show men prefer it waaaaay more than short hair, for whatever reason. I just don't understand why it's so awesome

• By long hair they mean shoulder to midback, not the unhealthy down to your knees type but it's more feminine and compliments most girls.