As some of you may already know, I'm a high school student. Something I've noticed recently is how many girls are wearing the "hair bump" hair do, and I was wondering if guys even find it cute/attractive. I personally don't like it that much. Sure it's easy and convenient when you don't want to do anything to your bangs, and I am guilty of wearing a small one on rare occasions. Well I've stared noticing these outrageous bumps girls have been wearing... I mean their HUGE! I think it makes the girl look like she has a cone head and it looks ridiculous to me. Guys do you like it? Girls are free to comment and share your opinion as well.

link

heres a link for those who don't know what I'm reffering to.

Most Helpful Guy

• i have no idea what it is.

• Same with me, I've no idea what it is

• It's not THAT bad, geez. Haha.

• Hahahaha.. That is a horrid example of "The Hair Bump". It looks ridiculous. Not all hair bumps look like this, though. Any girl who wears her hair bump like so, yes, it doesn't look all that attractive. It depends on what style you go for, ultimately.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the girl and her style, but for the most part, yes, I think it looks cute. In my opinion, it looks better with dark hair. My little brother's girlfriend is a redhead and it looks cute on her too.

• just keep its simple and straight ?

• no. but if my girlfriend wanted to wear it I wouldn't mind.

What Girls Said 7

• I refer to it as a "pouf." The picture Cool-Relax looks awful. It really shouldn't stick out -- and ridiculously large ones are just that: ridiculous.

The link you gave looks a lot better. So I guess it depends on how exactly you wear it. I think it looks stupid with pigtails, but great with ponytails or hair that's down. I also think its more of a "younger" style.

• This is what I know it has. I think if someone looks for snookie you will find a good picture.

• You mean this? link

I think it's called a pompadour.

I'm not a big fan of them either. I see girls wear their hair that way when they go out and want to look nice, and I see girls wear their hair that way to class with sweats or pajamas when they don't put much effort into themselves. It makes them seem kind of out of place altogether.

• I think a mini bump is acceptable. Gives your face extra length and makes your hair seem more voluminous. But everything in moderation. I don't think most people realize what a rat's nest their hair looks like back there though. WAY too much hairspray and teasing! You're supposed to smooth down the hair on top.

Personally, I look ridiculous with it, and feel that I'm too old to sport the look. But I suppose it's okay for high school girls. Just seems very "clubby" to me. I prefer smooth hair with some curl on the bottom if I'm feeling "dressy". The red carpet look. But to each their own. :)

• ohh, we call them quiffs. they're okay if you don't have a huge forehead. depends on the girl. I don't wear them

• I wear it at work because I can't have my hair in my face,and when I work out or just want to scrub it. I don't think it looks that bad as long as you do it right. Some girls get lazy with it, and I'm like for real? I was in show choir in high school and we had to wear our hair in this ridiculously HUGE poof on the top of our head so we got a little tired of seeing it. By the end of our senior year we wanted to puke when we saw one, but it's coming back.

• I do it all the time to my hair, just nothing outrageous. My cheerleading team had to do this when we went to state. I was told it gave us a more professional look...

• I love it, I think it's cute, I used to do it a lot but I had to cut back on it.