Will the pretty girl always have an advantage over the average, chubby girl despite her great personality?

I've seen the average, "slightly chubby" a.k.a. just doesn't have one of those bombshell bodies/not fat, but just doesn't have an impressive figure and an overall impressive physical appearance type girl yet is amazing, hilarious, kind, generous, and great company get totally overlooked for a girl who is pretty with a great figure. The girl with a pretty face and great figure may have an unattractive personality or even just a personality that is not as awesome as the average girl's personality, yet guys will pursue her and be more tolerant of her. They'll be more patient with her if she's shy or if she's a little b*tchy or emotionally unavailable. Whereas the chubby, average girl hardly gets male attention and when she does, it's not from very attractive guys.

Anyone agree? What do you think about this? Your personal experiences?

Most Helpful Guy

• People are really different, I have dated a average girl with good personality, but not the best, I have dated a pretty girl with awesome personality, actually no one is over the another, the one with the best personality I would want to be with, but what I learn on my experiences are, looks are nothing, look what your partner got inside of her heart.

What Guys Said 5

• There has to be physical attraction and sexual intimacy on both sides for it to work. It's not everything but it is a component of a healthy relationship. That said, a number of pretty girls also have good personalities... It's not an either or situation.

I'm curious, why should an average girl as you put it capture the attention of "very attractive guys"? Don't you think that a guys who is good looking with brains and personality, is going to want someone that brings the same to the table?

• Just based on what I've seen, average girls rarely get the 10/10 gorgeous guy types

• The same holds true for average guys. =) There have been experiments where people generally pair up with someone on their level. People that know they are good looking, can hold out and measure their options and pick the best candidate while people with less in that area generally settle for what they can get.

• from your question : "Whereas the chubby, average girl hardly gets male attention and when she does, it's not from vey attractive guys."

chubby = unattractive. so shouldn't it make sense that she gets attention from unattractive guys

im sure some f those guys have nice personalities, they just don't get girls excited

so... . why does any of this come as surprise

• Yes.

• My question: why does everyone always assume that a pretty person is also a sh*tty person?

• Pretty people aren't all bitches? O.O Mind = blown

• I know, I know. It's hard to understand :)

• I'm not assuming that a pretty person is sh*tty, but usually a lot of attractive men and women are sh*tty

• Pretty much. Any guy who tells you that looks don't matter is basically lying to come off as a deep guy

What Girls Said 5

• Yes the pretty girl will always have an advantage over the average girl. People say that it's not what's on the outside that counts but honestly when it comes down to it, a person would choose the better looking person over an average person any day. People just say that kind of stuff to not appear as shallow.

And I don't understand why the pretty girls are assumed to have bad personalities or total bitches. And if you have a good personality, you're supposed to be fat and ugly. In my opinion, the personality has nothing to do with the appearance. I've met pretty girls with both good and bad personalities, and I've met average girls or not so pretty girls with awful personalities. It really just depends

• there are VERY, VERY few genuinely good guys out there that are able to surpass their temptations and go for the "right" girl.

there are a lot of young guys (18-24) that claim they are "nice" or whatever, but most of the time, I don't believe a word of what they say. as soon as the pretty girl comes along and give them the slightest of attention, they kick out the average girl and give the pretties any form of attention, they drool like buffoons and completely are entranced under their spell.

that being said, I'm afraid pretty girls win most of the time, and they will snatch away the "nice" guys from the average girl, especially if they have a decent personality as well.

i guess the average jane will have to work harder and wait quite a while to find a guy in their right mind...*sigh*

• It depends on the people involved. Not everyone focuses on just looks.

• attractive people regardless of gender will always have the advantage

• well I have been told that I am one of those girls that you have to get to know before you see the great personality and that sort of thing. I think that they might have a little bit of an upper hand but not always. Personally I think once a guy gets sick of pretending then he will actually realize that we are that kind of girl that they really want. So in the long run I think the great personality girls and that sort of thing have the upper hand.