All the flats that I've tried give me blisters, but I really want a pair! Any suggestions?

I don't know if it's because I tend to buy them from places like Wal-Mart, or if I just have weird feet... but every single pair of flats that I've bought have given me blisters on the back of my heel. I know there are lots of girls that wear flats though, so I'm wondering if anyone else ever has this problem, and if so, what you do about it. Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do? I really love flats!

Most Helpful Girl

• Most of the pairs of flats that I've ever worn gave me a blister the first time I wore them a whole day, and then were fine after they got broken in. Granted, these were not expensive shoes either. The only pair of flats I have that have never given me a blister are made of really soft, floppy fabric and don't have anything stiff on the back of my heel to rub against.

You may have better luck with more expensive shoes that come with pads on the inside (especially on the back of your heel). Alternatively, you could try breaking in cheaper flats more gradually (i.e. taking them off before you get a blister) and protecting the skin that usually blisters with a bandage.

Sorry I don't have any better tips for you..

What Guys Said 2

• I know I'm a guy, but you can either buy them half a size to a size larger and put some gel inserts to make your feet better. This works with my dress shoes.

• Don't know how to help, I own over 40 pairs of ballet flats from all over the place and never gotten blisters, you sure you're buying the right size? =:3

What Girls Said 3

• Get the stretchy ones or leather ones. And yea they usually hurt the first two weeks your wear them.

• you just need to find flats that do not have a hard back. try Soda Flats!

• you need to break them in. they usually hurt the first few times. try using inner soles or cushioned pads or something.