Women hate me for being beautiful?

Okay so I am not talking about myself,

but this is for girls who are pretty, do you notice people act differently towards you? Are your friends jealous of you? Do you get special treatment from men?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but the way I'm treated depends on the specific person and how they feel about themselves.

A girl who feels threatened by me and doesn't think she is pretty will usually be a hater or blatantly rude to me. Especially if a guy they like is interested in you.

Some women dislike you because you're competition. These are usually the types of women who think they are pretty, but not THAT pretty, so they can't tolerate another girl around them who may get more male attention. Think of the stereotypical girl who takes shop class just so she can be the only girl around.

A girl who thinks she is pretty will want to reach out and befriend me because cute girls like to hang out with each other. But that's not always genuine. Girls like this often don't know how to be true friends if they are the type to choose their friends solely on the reasoning "you're cute, I'm cute". So good to bullsh*t socialize party with, not someone you'd trust.

Some guys tend to go out of their way to be nice and helpful and accomodating. I like this, this is helpful but sometimes it can cause jealousy from girls who are insecure that they don't get that treatment. These types will often kiss your ass and semi worship you as if you are a living goddess. It's flattering but I don't trust creepy sycophants.

Some insecure guys get angry and bitter if they feel slighted by you. They feel that any girl who they find attractive that doesn't flirt with them or respond to their flirts must be a mean evil bitch and scorned guys like these tend to act no differently than catty girls. This can be dangerous if you are ever in a vulnerable situation with them.

And then some people don't treat you any differently and are pleasant/cool

What Guys Said 2

• This entirely depends on your attitude and body language.

"Beautiful girl A" can be totally out of my league to the point I'm just envious of her looks. But if she locks eyes with me, smiles and starts friendly small talk then I know she's a blessed human being who uses God's gifts the way they were intended.

"Beautiful girl B" might look away, hide her face, turn her shoulders, or pretend I'm some creep trying to bother her. That's offending to me. I'm a human being. That level of arrogance will surely turn me away. It can get worse. If she speaks and makes everything about herself, and how people are jealous of her (as in, she's hot and she knows it) then that's the ultimate turn-off. That's almost hateworthy.

• I do know that attractive women are less likely to get hired because of this. Thanks to all that time I spend on Cracked, I found some research to back that up: link

I know some really pretty girls who have cult followings because people love their combination of beauty and personality, and that rare combination has earned them their own special group of haters. These haters seem to use most of their time at lunch together or updating their Facebook status to hate on their more fortunate counterparts.

What Girls Said 10

• I've only been told I was pretty by one guy, and it wasn't that long ago. None of my friends ever tell me I'm pretty either... unless I wear makeup and do something different with my hair. I wish I could just be natural and laid back and not have to dress myself up to get compliments. It really pisses me off, to be honest. I take care of myself... I'm clean and I wear decent clothes, just nothing extremely fancy or girly. I'm a plain Jane type, but that's never been good enough to get guys to look at me in the way I look at some of them.

• I get told I am pretty quite a bit and I get complimented. Its weird because for a long time I wasn't pretty and was a bit of a loser. I would get compliments sometimes but only if I put in a ton of effort to how I looked. I remember I was marilyn monroe one year for high school and tons of people complimented me, and I really didn't get it.

Its not a case of low self esteem as much as it is not seeing what everyone else sees. I guess I view my puzzle differently, but if you showed me the same puzzle on someone else I would probably think differently. Its like we value particular facial traits and call those beautiful right? But when you are looking at your own face, its so subjective and easy to be like "Oh, I don't have any of that..."

Its a weird thing, I never know how to act so I just smile and say thank you.

• I have been known to clause a few accidents :D

• special treatment? I would say maybe a drink bought when I'm out with girlfriends. Sometimes it's a bit disrespectful. I have a nice voluptuous bum and sometimes I'll get comments on it or like stares. Quite odd. Sometimes I'll notice when I meet a new girl she won't look me in the eyes when we talk. She'll kinda look away a lot as if not wanting me to steal her soul or something lol

• It's usually more about personality than appearance. Not in that fruitcake kinda way, but if an absolutely stunning girl is super friendly, kind and whatnot, she'll be treated better than a prissy, arrogant and conceited pretty girl. Ya know?

Anyway, I'm decent looking and rarely if ever get special treatment from men (or women).

• Men buy me pancakes.

• I know I act differently around pretty girls.

Not necessarily in a bad way, I just feel like we live in different worlds.

• well, I'm not drop dead gorgeous or anything, but some girls just look at me and I know instantly that they don't like me. I hate it but what can you do?

• Hmm, I notice the beautiful end up like sacrifical lambs in society :/

• when is a person considered truly beautiful? :x