Can you really tell from looking at their eyes?

I've seen on this site several times that you can tell if someone likes you by the way that they look at you...is there any truth to that? and what exactly is "it" that you see?

also...could someone falsely give this "look" when they don't actually like you?

I ask because I think I get this look from this guy but I'm not sure if its just wishful thinking or if its actually there. About two years ago I really liked this other guy and I thought he liked me too & I experienced this feeling whenever we looked at each other...but nothing ever happened. He never asked me out, asked for my number, nothing. so I'm kinda doubtful in my ability to tell from looking at a guy's eyes...

Most Helpful Girl

• because the act is so rare and you don't do it with everyone or anyone, it is special and therefor real- yes. certain looks are extraordinary and you get this feeling you can't describe, and you can't ever feel that feeling with anyone else.

its true with what the other guy said, they light up when they see u, I know it sounds overrated but I am living proof of that, when I ever run into the guy that I loved most, everything in my world stops spinning and he's the only important thing in front of me at the moment. I can't think anything else all I do is stare. and he does the same. even though he was a jerk to me a lot of times, if he sees me 2 years later he will still light up and give me that look we've always had with each other.

i don't think the look can be faked. its too intense and uncontrollable to be faked.

What Guys Said 5

• It is looks plus feelings. Sometimes you just looking at him or her at a first time and it just feel right and wonderful and you just want to do this(it calls right chemistry at first sight) . So yes these things do happen, not often, but do happen.

• No, that person lights up when they see you.

• No you cannot fake the look. Me and my fiancĂ© have been dating for over two years. Whenever you look into their eyes it is possible to see it. Its just really hard to explain. You can see that they truly care for you, and want to protect you from all the bad in the world. Like I said it is very hard to explain. Whenever I look into my fiancĂ©s eyes, I can see that she trust me, cares for me, that she truly loves me, and that there is a deep compassionate fire burning in both of us. I don't know if this is any help, but good luck.

• Dilated pupils. Tiny peach fuzz hair on a girls neck. Yes you can.

• Do you really pay attention to pupils?

• Well I do look into her eyes, I'm not always staring at her boobs,geez. (jokes).. yeah I do. Pupils dilate for a few reasons. 1) its dark 2) you're high 3) you like something you see.

• It is hard to tell, but its there. Recently, I have been spending a lot of time talking to this girl at school. Its always been friendly and stuff but recently, we seem to lock eyes a lot when we talk. Its hard to explain why, we are just talking and there will be a point when we are both looking at each other right in the eyes and we both keep looking...and looking, I don't know about dilated pupils because it depends a lot on the lighting in the room, but we look into each other eyes long enough for me to look at her eyes and "get lost" into them, its like I can see inside and she looks right back at me. I have never been one to look into people's eyes for long, I look and then look away but when she looks at me, I can't look away

What Girls Said 0