Why are we intimidated by beautiful people?

I know I am intimidated by beautiful girls and guys. And I know not everyone is intimidated by them.

But why are we intimidated by attractive people?

Most Helpful Guy

• They're attractive and thus their opinions seem to matter. Because they are near perfect, they can spot your flaws. However, if you don't care, like me (I don't give a damn about relationships or impressing women; I'm done with it), then I'm not intimidated. In fact, I intimidate them.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm not...

Just a guess, but maybe you want to be with the attractive guys, and those emotions take control of you? You may feel that you will make a mistake and lose your opportunity with them if you do or say the wrong thing? You want to be in their graces, and do not want to be rejected...

• We're afraid they're out of our league.

• They're not as common so there's more on the line. Just think of it like a game show, same reason why it's hard to go for the million dollar question as opposed to the 250 dollar one.

• it basically comes down to jealousy and envy

• I'm not intimidated of them as much as I avoid them. I avoid all people so it's not just beautiful people...I don't really see the point in human interaction, it's kinda useless

What Girls Said 5

• Because of insecurity.

Honestly, I consider myself an attractive woman. When I see someone else that is attractive or better looking than me, I just think "She is beautiful" and that is it. I don't doubt myself.

Why compare your looks to anothers? Why not just say, we are both attractive.

Im sure even the most good looking people question themselves sometimes.

• usually I go blank...and stare in awe...of how amazing they look.

but I have only seen 2 people like that in like 10 years...so it's rare.

I don't get intimidated often...its very rare I do.

• Competition,jealousy and inadequacy.

• Probably because average people don't want to be compared to someone they think is better looking

• I think it's because people assume they are snobbish or stuck up, and automatically assume that the pretty person will be out of their league.