What's the difference between cute and pretty?

im always called cute from boys and girls I rarely get pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Cute implies youthfulness imo when a girl is called pretty. This is the case too with guys, but cute is almost a bad thing sometimes. With girls though cute is definitely good. Youthfulness is desired

• I think of cute, as more like, a kid, or maybe kiddish characteristics. Or maybe, girls say that to guys.

Pretty, is more like, the girl next door look, like fine features.

• cute as in cute like a puppy, like looks young and innocent

pretty as in she has neatural beauty and she is different from the usual, like a rose compared to other flowers.

• cute is a good sign because they then like you, if they said your sexy they just want to have sex with you

What Girls Said 3

• Pretty is a general term...used mostly by girls to say another person looks good.

Cute is used for anything adorable...whether it's a babies chubby cheeks or an attractive person.

• I think cute encompasses pretty it just also describes a personality AND looks. If you're "cute" that means you're pretty and your personality is youthful/fun/adorable/sweet. Pretty girls aren't necessarily cute though...girls can be pretty and be icy which would just mean they are pretty, not cute.

• a guy called me a cute brown girl :/