I got sparked to ask this question by an answer I read.
Some people care a lot more about the physical fitness / physique than others. We've probably heard someone, even ourselves, say something such as the following:
* "i work hard to keep my body fit, and I need to date someone that puts in the same effort or it's not gonna work"
* "the physique of the person doesn't matter much to me; I'm more of a "face" person
* "i can't date a guy that is really lanky / heavy; it's unsexy to me"
* "I don't have the BEST body in the world, but I want a guy that at least does a little bit to take care of himself"
* "I'm not in the best shape, but I do want my partner to be able to motivate and inspire me to better myself physically"
So, on a 1-10 scale (10=highest, 5=average), how much does a guy's / girl's fitness level factor into you being able to be attracted to, and date, that person?
Please vote and elaborate as much as you like.
Thanks for your input. :)
- 1-2 out of 108% (1)7% (1)8% (2)Vote
- 3-4 out of 1017% (2)14% (2)15% (4)Vote
- 5-6 out of 1042% (5)43% (6)42% (11)Vote
- 7-8 out of 1033% (4)36% (5)35% (9)Vote
- 9-10 out of 100% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Fitness or appearance? I mean, fitness is a good thing, but people can be fit and not look like the "fit physique." That's something most people don't seem to understand about people's bodies. But in general, I don't care that much. If she's not fit, but I really love her personality and such, so be it. If anything, I'd try and encourage her to work out with me (walks or whatnot). Hell, it'd give me more reason to do it than "just cause." It's more fun to do such WITH someone than alone.1