Girls, how many pairs of shoes do you own?

So my girlfriend thinks that it's normal to have 80 pairs of shoes. Her goal is to go above 200 pairs while still throwing the old ones away. I think it's crazy so we would like to see how other women feel about this.

• 10 and under
  • 11 to 20
  • 31 to 60
  • 61 to 100
  • Over 100
so far so good. I'm kinda worried that she's going to be high maintenance and run my bank account to the floor with her materialistic life.
I would like guys to answer this question too. How do I do that?

Most Helpful Girl

• 9 pairs of heels for church

1 pair of nikes for working out

1 pair of flats for causual dress

1 pair of sperries for everyday wear

2 pairs of flip-flops for beach and summer

1 pair of work boots for working (landscaping)

2 pairs of winter boots

1 pair of sandels for home and that's it. 18 pairs of shoes that I wear regularly depending on the season. :)

What Girls Said 28

• I only have like 8 pairs of shoes. But I have probably close to 60 pairs of socks :D

But that's not as extreme as having 200 pairs of shoes. Socks are much cheaper and take up less space. Where exactly does she intend to put all those shoes? She'll have to have an extra closet just for that...

• I've got ... I don't know - probably about 30 pairs of heels.

Then like; everyday shoes. Maybe 7 pairs.

A few pairs of flats.

A few trainers/ running shoes.

2 pairs of boots.

And one pair of workboots.

Some girls just like shoes. Or hangbags. Or dresses. Or whatever.

If you're worried about her running your bank account to the ground - make her buy her own shoes. Boyfriends aren't credit cards, and if you don't want to spend money on her in this way, then you don't have to.

• Probably about 35. Is that bad? Lots of heels. Couple tennis shoes. Couple wintery shoes, clogs, uggs, moccasins, boots, etc. 4-5 Pairs of flats. And HELLA pairs of flip flops.

• it's quite a bit. But in comparison to her 80, your 35 sounds like a good deal

• Yeah. I've never actually thought about how many pairs I have. It's kinda embaressing. You know though, out of those 35 I regularly wear probably 10-15 of those. Yeah 80 sounds a little excessive. That just must be her fetish. Look at other parts of her closet to find out if she's high maintenance. If she has lots of clothes and scarves and purses, then yeah, you might have a problem, but if her closet looks normal, then she just likes shoes. haha

• Well, most couples fight about money issues and money problems. But please don't break up with your girlfriend,whom you love, over this. Just say "hey hun, can you please not buy so many shoes?"

I'm sure she loves and trusts you. Just be patient with her. I think you should accept her but you should sit down and talk ask her to explain to you why she loves shoes. I think you guys need to talk but also choose your battles. Some aren't worth fighting over. lol

But please do not break up with your girlfriend over this just tell her she's not using your credit card anymore for shoes. Just make it clear.

• lol. I haven't even thought about breaking up with her. But thanks anyway. I called the credit card company and asked them not to allow purchases for shoes but all I got was a lot of laughs from the customer service folks and even the managers. They said they wished they could do the same.

• C :D

I don't have a goal. No matter how pairs you own you wear only a few routinely

• Your girlfriend has a hoarding problem if she actually has a goal to have over 200 pairs of shoes.

I have 2 pairs of flip flops and one pair of Sketchers tennis shoes. I usually wear my Sketchers everyday, and flip flops for simple things like picking something up from the store or running out the garbage. I also have a pair of regular boots for winter. I have a few other pairs of different things, but almost never wear them. Most of them are hand-me-downs.

I guess for the shoes I actually wear, you could say I have 3-4 pairs.

• 7.

• 16 pairs.

• I have like 10 pairs if shoes.But I use to only have 2 or 3 pairs. I use to have an awful habit of wearing down my two or three pairs,getting holes in them and then having to rush and get a new pair of shoes.So I decided to stop doing that and own more shoes. That's the only reason I have so many now.

• I actually just went and counted my shoes :P I have 20 on the dot!

• I have:

4 pairs of tennis shoes

3 pairs of sandals/flip flops

4 pairs of heels

4 pairs of boots

1 pair of flats

So that's 16 pairs. I probably have a few more pairs of shoes in my spare closet, but the shoes I listed are the ones that I wear. 200 pairs is ridiculous... even 80 is ridiculous lol. Sure, it would be cool to have that many shoes, but I think there are more important things to put my money towards.

• spare closet.

• that's nice of you. sounds fair.

• It's not really about being nice. It's a matter of priorities.

• around 25-30, wow saying it outloud makes it sound so bad

• 15, But I only use 10 of them

• Umm..

A pair of moccassins

2 pairs of flats

2 pairs of tennis shoes

2 pairs of flip flops

A pair of sandals

A pair of heels

So 9 I suppose.:p

• 11 I believe.

• I've never counted them. I'll say 31- 60. Seems like a good estimate.

• Maybe 30 but I share with my mom only 3 pairsI can think of she wouldn't wear so its all mine

• I don't count them but maybe 20

• At the moment I own two pairs of knee high boots, one pair of over the knee boots, one pair of high heels, one pair of stilettos, one pair of sneakers, one pair of running shoes.

So...7 pairs.

• 5.

• probably 12 ...

• About 20-30 pairs. Most are heels.

• About 15-mostly flats and 2 wedges

• I have 34 pairs of shoes.

• 3 Pairs of Sneakers, 2 Pairs of Heels, 2 Pairs of Flip flips, 3 Pairs of Boots

Is 10 unreasonable? I would like a pair of flats and sandals then I'll have 12

• 2. Running shoes, and a pair of flip-flops. I don't see the point in having a bunch of shoes, especially when you won't be able to wear them all a lot.

• 34 pairs.

• Probably 15, and that's mainly because I have a professional career and need dress shoes in black, brown, blue and neutral to match work outfits.

What Guys Said 3

• I answered.

Let's just not get into average cost per pair *cough*

• Ive got 6. 3 pairs are army Issued. a pair of steel toes a pair of "skate" shoes and a pair of flippy floppies.

• the army ones don't even count cos they're for the military (i.e. your job). Now girls, don't take this as carte blache to say you need 25 pairs of heels for work. That sh*t is not going to fly.

• I have about 11 in total. Dress shoes, three casual wear shoes, workout shoes, two pairs of work boots, snow boots, two pairs of slip in flip flops and one beat up pair of sneakers that I keep at my cottage that I don't care get all mucky and dirty.