What to wear in colder climates?

So I'm going to Boston University next year and I'm excited but I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Do I need like a snow jacket and boots and thermals and walk around like a marshmallow? I've spent my entire life in Southern California so shorts, dresses and t-shirts are my go to outfits. Is it possible to dress cute in colder weather without freezing to death? I'm really not trying to sound like a clueless "California Girl" here but I really have no idea how I'll deal with weather that will drop below 50 =/

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Awwwwww.. just jumpers, hoodies, jeans, leggings, a coat or two, scarfs, that kind of thing. If you're really stuck, google image "winter wear" or something. Might be an idea to buy a blanket as well.

You're not going to the arctic so I don't think you're going to need to dress like an eskimo. I think you're just over worrying! And besides, shops are pretty good at providing suitable clothing for the place you live. :)

• yea I probably am over reacting haha. people have just been freaking me out with "it's SO cold there! what will you do?!" haha

• Haha I live in the UK and we have temperatures of about -10F to 86F. If you've got at least one coat, a couple hoodies/sweaters that kind of thing, just a few layers really! I promise, you will adjust, I walk around in 60F in a t-shirt and shorts quite happily! Thank you for BA! :)

What Guys Said 5

• You

'll need snow botts, warm leggins to keep yur legs from freezing in dresses, a really arm coat. Say goodbye to shorts for six months of the year. Then it will be hot and sticky, very suddenly, so you'll need loose fitting clothes fro the summer.

• Say goodbye to dresses and t-shirts during the late fall and winter months. It's going to be cold! You can probably wear some summer clothing during late spring and summer.

• being from Michigan I can tell you that, when worn right, sweat pants can be VERY sexy.

• Theres a blog that tracks what BC students are wearing: bcsartorialist.tumblr.com

• Don't cross-channel swimmers smear themselves with goose fat? Maybe that would help.

What Girls Said 1

• I live half an hour from Boston and it's cold now :D . Took me a while to get used to the weather (originally from Florida) and really it depends on the season. Northface jackets, coats, uggs etc. are mainly worn during the winter while sweaters are worn during spring.