GIRLS, what are your measurements?

i don't think I have a bad body but I think I am overweight . I am currently a size 8 or 9 in pants but I want to be at least a 7 or maybe even a 5. I am 5'6 . what are you guys' measurements if you wear either a 5 or 7 or how much dod you weight , I want to at least have some sort of idea how many inches I should lose or how much weight ..

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'8", 140 lbs. my measurements are 35, 25, 36. I wear around a 6/7 in pants. ha ha and I don't know my dress size.

• Thanks.. for the "36" did you measure on your butt area or like on your belly ?

• Haha around my butt. That's where it's supposed to be though, right?

• Im not sure.. lol I just know some people do it differently.

What Guys Said 2

• if you want to go by just your weight than here's a link to show how to calculate your BMI. link I'm not sure what BMI stands for but it's your height vs weight and than it shows what you should be from your height only. the only issue I have with it is that it doesn't take build into the calculation.

Off toppic: with my build and height it's very hard for me to find jeans and this is where I go every now and than (when I have $85 to spend on custom made to measure jeans) link

just be careful because if you make a mistake measuring yourself than it'll show up in the jeans, if you can get a friend to measure you.

What Girls Said 13

• There is no one set weight for each height. Everyone is different because their body type is different as well as their body frame. Some people are small-framed and will naturally be able to be a smaller size at the same height. While others, like me are bigger and have a large build.

I am 5'6" also, and have always been around a size 14-16. While I have friends who are the same height and are a size 2.

But you are definitely not overweight! You sound perfectly fine!

• i USE to be 120 and 5'3 and I wore around a size 4.

I'm now 133 and it's because I'm 4 months pregnant (I think?) ahahahah maybe it's just fat but I am pregnant and I wear size small maternity pants as of right now. After the baby I plan to go back to 120 pounds or less.

• I'm 5'6, 110 lbs. And for pants I range between a size 3-4.

A size 8 or 9 isn't that bad for your (our) height though, as it's really just dependent upon the individual. For some 5'6 girls that's a perfectly okay size, and for others it isn't. BMI isn't always the most accurate seeing as it is a generalized tool for a really vast amount of people, however; it is a good step in helping you gauge where you stand on a basic level. What you really want to focus on - and is more accurate as it's a personalized calculation - is your body fat ratio; that's what is really going to inform you of what is best for you and your body and what weight loss goals are realistic, etc.

• I'm sorry, but comparing to what other girls are will really not help you. There will be answers that make you feel good and there will be answers that won't : /

• I'm 5'0 and I'm a size 16

All curves baby & don't forget real men love curves!

Wait...no, I'm not.

You really shouldn't go by other peoples answers, simply because as you may have noticed, the answers so far haven't been just 5'6 lol and 2, your frame may be smaller or larger.

Pounds would be better though, as opposed to just size maybe

• I actually don't know my measurements except that I am 5'3, and I have lost weight recently lol.

I am a size 4.

• I'm a size 4-5.. 120 lbs now.

• I'm 5'8 and I weigh 120 pounds. My body fat percentage is 18% and my BMI hovers around 18.3-18.7... meaning I'm on the bottom end of normal.

My measurements are 34-25-38. I basically have no boobs and a big butt, haha! I typically wear a size 5 pants in juniors, but it really just depends on the brand. I'm a size 4 in dresses.

I have no idea if that goal is attainable for you. It really just depends on your bone structure. You might look better at a completely different weight than someone else on here, not to mention you might carry your weight differently. Be happy with the way you are. I'm sure you look great. :)

• Size 2-3 in pants

5'4

115 lbs

19 years old

• I'm 5'9" and weigh 112.

I wear size 6/7 in jeans and size 5/6 in dresses.

also, I'm 32-25-33.

• Based on BMI Index, your normal weight should be between 114 - 154lbs. A size 6-7 is a normal size for your height. I don't think there's an ideal measurement for the hips, waist and chest. There are however some measures such as hip-to-waist ratio to ensure you have lower cardiovascular risk. Some are bound to have bigger hips than others. And do you have big body structure or heavy bones? If yes that also affects what pants size you can wear. Ultimately, what are your daily diet and activity? Whether you need to shed some pounds or lose some inches would depend on your lifestyle :) My measurements isn't relevant to how much you should weigh or measure considering the fact that there's genetic, weather, geographical etc factors :)

• 10-15 pounds down will get you in a size 6.(I'm judgeing based on your pant size) You are 5'6..your ideal weight should be between 145-150. It sound a lot to lose..but it really isn't..if you follow up a healthy diet..veggies and fish and SOME carbs to keep you energize..walk alot..or do other sports activities such as swimming..yoga, sports, volleyball..this will get your weight down before no time..I give it a month or two. It's not that hard..you are not wayy out of shape..Its a good size you've got there..then again, that is depending on how toned and how much muscle you've got. Good luck :)!

• I wear size nine, but I could fit into 7's or 8's waist wise, its just the pants are too short on my legs :(