Getting a tattoo while you still live at home and your parents don't like it?

Hi,

so I want a tattoo. I'm 22 years old and I still live at home in the weekends and school holidays. I've been thinking about it for a long time (say at least a year) and I still want it. I know what I want, where I want it, how I want it and who I want to do it.

I'm 80% sure of waiting till I'm out of the house for good to get my tattoo, because my parents aren't really fans of tattoos.

But I want it, really, when I think about getting it I'm so excited and I don't wanna wait anymore. Anyways, I'll probably wait.

My question now is, would you get a tattoo in my situation?

What Guys Said 2

• well, very simply its YOUR body so its YOUR decision. You shouldn't not get one because they disapprove. However, you should only get one if you are 100%. At the end of the day, what business is it of theirs? Why does it matter if they don't like it?

I am 90% sure I want one, but won't get one until I am 100%.

• Getting a tattoo doesn't mean you have to parade it around in front of them, unless you're getting it someplace obvious. And even then, your parents are going to see it eventually, whether you're still living there or not.

• I was planning to have it done on my back just below my left shoulderblade

What Girls Said 0