What do YOU think it means when a member of the oppositte sex calls you 'cute'?

This isn't asking what the person means calling the other cute, but rather what the person being called cute thinks they mean.

I'll put a poll here to see

• I look attractive and am dateable
  • I look attractive but not dateable
  • I look attractive but they don't see me sexually
  • I'm not really attractive and they are just being nice to me
  • Other (please say)

Most Helpful Girl

• I use this word when I find someone sweet and adorable but not really in love with them.nothing more-nothing less.I bet most people tell this to someone they like as a person mostly but not in a sexual way.

What Girls Said 14

• I think it would depend on the person saying it & on the person receiving it. But most of the time, to me, I say it when I:

1. Find a person attractive & fun, I'm interested in them

2. I think they are fun & silly, would like to be friends with them

3. I think they are cute...just cute!

I would hope that a person could tell what I mean in the context & situation that we are in, how I mean it. I think I can when I receive it. If anything, I error on the side of, eh, they just think I'm funny.

• So what about when a guy calls you cute?

• Didn't you read me? Same thing. I mind at all. "Cute" is good. I get cute, pretty, beautiful...I don't believe it unless it comes out sincere. And I think I can tell. It's in the delivery, context & situation. Gut instinct.

• I think they think I'm cute like a little kid, if that makes sense? Like kids are cute, pets are cute, that sorta thing. So when someone calls me cute, I seem to think they see me as a little kid, not really dating material. That's just me though :)

• I think they see me like a plush you of they call me cute.

That's a no no because they won't find me sexually appealing.

Although sometimes I feel cute :D

• A. When I think a guy is cute I find him attractive and date-able.

• What abut when a guy calls you cute? that's what I'm asking

• I think he finds me attractive and date-able, that's generally been the situation when a guy called me cute.

• because they are nice :-)

• they think I'm being silly and they like it.

• They think I'm nice but not good-looking. (if that makes any sense)

• in my eyes it's the best non-s*xual compliment

someone can give (-_^)

*votes D*

• What about "beautiful"? "stunning"? "Gorgeous"?

Those aren't really sexual imo.

• you might be right, but I did

say best, not only =)

• They aren't best eh? :P interesting. Most girls I know think those are even better than cute, hah. But ya, I like cute girls. They're the best imo (and that tends to go in line with beautiful, though that's really dependent on personality to me).

• That I look like a little girl and am slightly better looking than average.

• It means they think I'm cute.

• I think "C."

• it depends on who is saying it and what the situation/context is.

i always see it as "i'm attractive" but whether I think the guy actually likes me varies from situation to situation.

• I think it's C. :/

Not sure though.

• B or C but I choose b

What Guys Said 13

• i just think attractive... different people mean it in different ways so I wouldn't really think much more than that

• I said D because I've been called cute before and most of the time I'm fairly sure they don't find me sexually attractive.

I use the word cute when I think a girl is attractive and I want to let her know without making her think I disrespect her.

• I don't think girls like using that word directly with guys. I get a lot of other complimentary words, but they don't seem to say cute to my face.

• seems like something they say to their friends about guys they like, but most of the time they will pick out things to compliment you on, not just say you are cute... They'll say I love your voice or you have such beautiful eyes, blah blah blah. =P

• I usually think they are complimenting me on my personality or they think I'm attractive in a youthful, adorable, babyish way but would not date me because they prefer a more manly looking guy who they think of in a sexual way.

• I guess it means she thinks I'm cute. Idk, I don't see a problem with it *shrugs*

• This is just being nice. Also means that I am not interested

• Any girl saying D is silly. Guys love cute.

• Yeah, there is a huge difference in how girls and guys see that word. That's why I don't think they use it. We feel totally different about it.

• Ya, it seems a lot of girls don't realize guys like cute and when we say it then we generally have an interest in them and do find them attractive in at least some way. Girls using it for a guy usually is just a compliment to that guy, but they have no real interest in the guy :\ it's there "I don't want to be mean, but I don't find you attractive" kinda "compliment"

• I voted D

• Awesome. But it doesn't happen.

• I chose "C".

• Depends how they say it but I think they find me attractive and would consider dating me :)

• Sensually they are being wickedly sarcastic when I am f***ing with them.

• She wants to bang me, but she has a bf.