Is this too dressy for a first date?

This skirt

link

with a black tank top tucked into the skirt, a black blazer similar to this link

and just black patent leather heels to dressy?

He's taking me out to dinner and I want to look amazing, but not overly dressed.

To people that are commenting on the length. I'm really short, 5'2' to be exact, so the skirt is not short in the slightest. I assure you that there is no showing of ass what so ever.
And the model in the photo is 5'9. Quite a difference between my height and hers. The skirt is mid thigh on me, if not a little longer too. But thank you all for your input. I may just switch it up for the pencil skirt that I have. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think it's formal casual. Though the length of the skirt is a bit iffy, it looks more like for partying with Alpha Beta Chi Chi instead of dinner material.

I say swap the skirt for a pencil skirt, still sexy but classy, or something like this link or this link if you want to go for cute.

Good luck :)

What Guys Said 5

• It's very 'dressy.' Personally I don't go for the block color styling. Where is he taking you? It looks like you're gong to a fashion shoot, not out to dinner, to me!

• love it!

• Looks amazing, as long as dinner is not at Mccy D's you should be fine lol...like your style btw

• Depends on the wearer..and yeah, like he said, where you're going

• Looks very sexy, I would love my girlfriend to wear that.

What Girls Said 5

• Seems like a lot of black...

• What's wrong with black? I have heels that match the blue in the skirt to give it more color.

• No, it is a good combination! Stylish dress up means this first date is important to you. A way to give confidence to show your love!

• I really like the top, but I don't really like the skirt at all. I thing these would go better with it: link link

• just being honest, that skirt is awful and you can pretty much see up your ass, not a classy first date option. the blazer and the shoes are pretty. I would try a plainer pencil skirt that is at least mid thigh and fitted, so it shows your form without showing too much skin. that is classy instead of tacky. and maybe a different colored top.

• I'm short, 5 one to be exact and I would look like a hoochie in that skirt. Just because your butt isn't showing doesn't mean you look decent.

• That really doesn't make sense. If my ass isn't showing, and I'm not showing too much skin, how would look hoochie? I'm not showing my boobs, shoulders, or anything. Just giving a little leg and I don't see how that makes it hoochie, but whatever we're all entitled to our own opinion.

• a skirt that is too short just doesn't look classy for a date unless you are going to a party or something. in my opinion mid thigh shows plenty of leg.

• I like the blazer, but to be honest, I'm not a crazed fan of the skirt.