Can guys wear scarves?

Can a guy wear a scarf without being associated with homosexuality? I'm talking about the scarves that's a mix between the ones that warm your neck and the fashionable silky scarves. What do y'all think about guys wearing them? Opinions from both sexes are appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course guys can wear scarves without being associated with homosexuality, silly.

But there will always be people who will see it as "gay." But then again, there will always be haters too. :P

I personally adore when guys wear scarves. And I know other girls do too since my friends and I have talked about it before. ^-^

When I see a guy wear a scarf, I see it as a sign that he's confident, knows who he is, knows his style, and doesn't let others dictate what he can and cannot wear.

You're talking about scarves like the ones this guy is wearing, right? link link link link and others here... link

What Girls Said 12

• Its possible. They're all fair game when its colder out, but beyond that it takes the whole clothing look and persona to pull it off. I've noticed it more where I am not (up state NY) than I did back home (rural WI).

The perceptions that go with it will largely depend on the culture in the area you're in.

• That's so true! I see it more often in big cities rather than rural areas!

• I think it looks good but if here's wearing sunglasses I might think he's gay but that's not a bad thing

• It's fine as long as it goes with your outfit. So, Don't wear a deep V neck shirt, with a cardigan, skinny jeans with your sun glasses hanging from your jeans pocket.

• its probably easier to look less gay without a scarf. but straight guys do get away with it if they are cute I guess.

• Absolutely! I actually think it is a really good look on guys.

• its fine with me...i don't think scarves are gay.

• I don't mind as long as its not too bright or colorful

• Why not! Guys with scarves are cool & sweet!

• Ofcourse!

• of course you can (-_^)

some of my guyfriends wears them

and it looks really good on them =)

• Yea it lookks cute esp in the winter

• lol yes why not?

What Guys Said 4

• It's sad that we can't wear them without starting rumors like that. Of course we need to have warmth around our necks too in the winter!

• If it's cold outside and you want to protect your neck, it's no problem. If you wear it even though it's warm to look suave, you just look like a douche, or gay.

• I wear those neck warming scarves during the winter, but wearing them now is kinda uncomfortable since the weather is warmer

• Yeah, I wear both varieties. However, just like TheRealAttila suggested, people consider me a hipster, and some think I'm British.

• Only if you're British or a hipster.