Does Height Matter To You?

There's this guy I kinda like but I'm like taller than him! I'm 5' 7'' and he's like 5' 3'', and my friends told me that I shouldn't flirt with him any more! What should I do?

Thank you all for your answers! I might ask him out on Monday if I have the guts. Thank u!

Most Helpful Guy

• Screw your friends and go for any height you like.

What Guys Said 7

• it shouldn't matter what your friends think. its your life, you must choose how to live it. friends come and go through out your life time. if you really like him, then go for it. why should height make difference to going out with someone.

question is it important to you that a man is shorter or taller than you. not for friends to decide for you.

• I don't care about height at all. If you like someone you should go for it! Screw what your friends say.

• Well, as long as she is not WAAAY taller, or shorter than me, I don't mind.

• Height personally doesn't bother me in any way. If you like him, go for him. Don't let your friends tell you what to do. It's your life, not theirs.

• If he's 5'3" he's probably having problems meeting any girls. Go flirt with him. I'm sure he'd love the chance.

• Who cares? If you like him then go for it.

• Nope. If you like the guy, go for it. Don't let your friends dictate who you date. They should be happy for you.

What Girls Said 5

• If you're comfortable with it, that's all that matters.

I'd date a guy shorter than me. Height does matter to some extent, but it's not the be all and end all. For me it's a preference to have someone my height or taller, not a standard. I'd be fine with dating a guy a few inches short than me. I mean, if it was something crazy like 6+ inches, maybe not.

• Who cares what your friends want.

You're the one who likes him, not them.

You shouldn't let height interfere with it. - My boyfriend is about 5'6 .. I'm 5'5.. I'm taller than him with heels on.. I don't mind it. It's pretty hot at the same time.

Everybody has their own perference. If it bothers you that much and people will get in the way of it.. Tell him and move on.

• it doesn't matter what your friends think.

I am 5'3 so I don't like guys shorter than me, but at the same time I don't like really tall guys.

• As long you guys are both OK with it then it's fine. Being 5'5 I'm basically average height so height isn't a huge thing for me. I say go for it, embrace you're tallness and being under 18 mean that you guys have not yet stopped growing.

• height matters to me. I won't date any guy under 6'2''. I don't like short guys. yes I prefer tall guys so there's nothing wrong with that

• Ok so you take a tape measure to any guy you would possibly date... weird. Anyways lets say you date a guy who is exactly 6'2. You do realize you shrink as you get older? What's 6'2 now, could be 6'0 by the time your 55.

• "I won't date any guy under 6'2" - That's a standard, not a preference.

I know there's no way in hell I can change your opinion, just sayin' you're being unfair and unreasonable.

• standard/preference same thing. we all like what we like and can't help it