Why do guys hate excessive make-up on a girl so much?

Why do you guys hate full-faced make-up so much?

My boyfriend almost forbids me from wearing make-up because he says it looks weird, but he never really gives me a real clear explanation why. Can you guys elaborate on it a bit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Men just like a more natural look, even when a girl is wearing makeup men may not even notice, you'd really have to wear allot for a guy to think its too much. They can't tell what is what most the time normally, like if that girl is wearing blush or if she has nude lipstick on, or mascara. I think its just too much of everything they don't like.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm the same way as your boyfriend, except I have a clearer reason as to why. My reason is that I don't like how it covers up a woman's natural beauty. I love my girlfriend even more when she doesn't have any makeup on. the makeup is almost like a mask, covering who you really are, and showing that you would rather cover your small imperfections, than show them, and embrace them. when I look at a woman with allot of makeup on I think of how she could look under the makeup, and much more attractive she is without it. Maybe your boyfriend just doesn't like the look, maybe he just wants to see your natural beauty. I'm sure you can ask him the question, and maybe give him a few reasons as to why, he may agree with some of them!

• Very good points. I"m actually starting to clearly understand why he says it is "weird" now. BTW, that pic I have on no make-up but if you notice I look very child-like.

• Girl that's the reason WHY he loves you with no makeup! he loves how cute you look. mind you you aren't childish, but you look great the way you are. why try to look older and done up when you can look younger and naturally pretty!

• Thanks a lot.

• because it looks disgusting

• Most guys don't mind eye makeup...there will be some that do and there will be some that don't mind heavy eye makeup...but check out this link..these are good looking females and, while the first three are wearing a lot of eyes, most of us could probably live with that and especially the last three...but ALL of them have on a lot of face/cheek makeup and I HATE that...while the very last one is just about enough to make me hurl...gag..retch.../:/:/:

link

• Most girls with too much makeup look like clowns.

Keep it subtle. It should compliment your face, not be your face.

• I don't! I love it!

But I have discussed this topic.. it's because of deception.

Appearing better you actually are.. just it doesn't apply to your case, as you're not single.

There could be a chance he's concerned about your skin health.. but saying "it looks weird" doesn't kinda imply it...

Maybe some guys "really" don't like it, I just can't understand why...

Compare:

link

link

• Dakota Fanning actually doesn't look much different and she looks just fine without it. I think she's a adorable.

• Yeah.. that wasn't the best example but you still (hopefully) got my point :p

• That's nowhere near excessive.

• I don't think its whether or not if its a lot cause I watched a few Michelle Phan videos and she used 17 items to look 'natural'

But I think it goes over board when she doesn't know how to apply it.

If you don't know how to apply it it looks a lot worse when you don't wear it at all

I am no one to say she can or cannot wear makeup but I can say that if she does wear it; I would ask if she knew how to apply it.

• If it works for you and you're comfortable with yourself while wearing it, do it.

I think some girls look really hot with makeup applied in just the right way.

• If it's too much the girl looks fake. If your guy doesn't want you to wear makeup at all I think he's in love with your natural look and doesn't get why you cover it up. He probably likes everything about you.

• It's really gross-you ever had that sh*t in your mouth?

What Girls Said 3

• Most guys DO NOT care so long as you don't look like a clown.

They don't give a flying flip about eyeshadow, foundation, blush or lipstick as long as it isn't obvious or tacky. Guys on here focus wayyy too much

It's so heavily focused on, on this site, it seems like all the dudes on here think about is makeup. Shit, makes me want to wear a sh*tload of makeup just to repel retards

I will add, some chicks look bad with makeup or just don't apply it correctly

• deception, or they probably don't want all that makeup on their pillows :P

• Both ..but the latter for me..I don't want that sh*t on my pillows, sheets OR me...ugh...O:O

• They think it is fake.