Does normal water damage hair?

I'd like to wash my body everyday, but not shampoo my hair, which I know damage the hair. But does normal water damage it in any way? I usually put conditioner in the ends as a hair mask while I wash my body.

So does normal water damage the hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• normal water damages the hair because of the minerals in it, and the chlorine in it that is used to clean it. it is much better when you use soft water, and a showerhead that filters out the chlorine and some of the other bad stuff.

• my mother has a bottle of distilled water that she leaves next to the shower..i never knew that there was a shower head that helps with that problem! thanks for the headsup

• yes! that's what we use in our house. you can really feel the difference in your hair when you use it. and you're welcome!

What Guys Said 2

• I can't recall where I heard this but there are people that wash their hair with just water and they say it works as long as you drink allot of water so your body does not pour out oil but instead it pours out the water that you drink.

• I didn't even know shampoo damaged your hair. I guess I've been damaging my hair for years now. I should do more hair research lol. :p

What Girls Said 3

• Water damages hair more than shampoo does. Water dries it out more.

• Normal water is an antibacteria solution. People will say it dries your hair out, but really, you have a million or so bacteria and mold/fungus growing in your hair right now. If you have hard/soft water or highly clorinated water, just get a filter on your shower.

Goodluck<3

• Yes