Why wear colored contact lenses?

Last night I went out with friend and I noticed that a lot of women were wear colored contacts. The reason I noticed is that I recently noticed that colored contact freak me out and seem kind of tacky, but that's just me?

What are your views?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, since there's this wonderful stereotype that you must have colored eyes to be notice as a true bombshell it is normal that shallow/ attention seeking girls want to wear some.

Why are they shallow ? Because thinking that being a -put your hai color here- haired blue grey-ish girl will make them more atttractive.

The problem about color lenses they make you look like an inexpressive doll. You're putting some plastic above your eyes, I mean make up can enhance your beauty, even dying your hair can, but colored contact ?

You can tell a lot looking into someone's eyes but. Put on some colored contacts and eyes are no longer the mirror of the soul.

Seriously, that's OK to not have blue eyes, and blue fake eyes will always look really creepy even in the shadows of a club.

What Girls Said 5

• Those are people who lack confidence and don't appreciate what they have .. but of course they coat this argument with the "I like trying new things" crap .. I am anti-anything fake , let it be lenses, or botox or even fake eyelashes..

• Not a fan either...someone I know got blue contacts which looked so much worse than her beautiful brown eyes...think it makes more sense to just use clear!

• I think that it sounds weird as well... to get to the point to change your eyes colors seems just too much, but that's just my opinion. (btw love my black eyes, would never wear colored contact lenses)

• Really? I did that back in the early 2000's lol. Eh, maybe they just wanna have fun & try different colors. It's not a big deal to me. Everyone has something they wish they could change, & changing your eye color I guess is easy lol. :)

• Idk it's tacky. My eyes change colors though. One eye is lighter than the other too. My eyes are hazel/green/grey and a really light brown :)

I wish I had blue eyes though

I would wear them just to see how they look on me.

What Guys Said 1

• i'm fine with my own eye color(green'ish grey)

but it could be fun to have a completely different

color one day and surprise my friends.