What is a good weight to weigh for a person who is 5'9?

I was wondering what is a good weight for a person to weigh who is 5'9? I was thinking about 126 lbs but someone told me that is too skinny for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• going by weight is the stupidest thing people do

a 130 pound girl with no muscle would look fat

yet a girl whos 130 with low body fat would look amazing

goal should just be just fat reduction

not how much weight is lost

thats the reason why so many girls become anorexic

• I am trying to lose weight not to become anorexic. Because my whole life I was always overweight.

• I could use some tips. Because I am currently doing is 4 hrs of biking and 100 situps everday. I am trying to fit everything in my busy schedule.

• add me to your friends list so I can ask you a few questions nd see where I can give you tips on what to do

What Guys Said 5

• On a girl who is naturally slim-bodied with an ectomorph frame it would be okay. On a girl with a mesomorph or endomorph frame it would be far too little.

• link you can put in your height in feet and inches than it gives your BMI number and on the chart it shows you where you are in the underweight-obesity. from there you can adjust the weight number to make that your goal.

I just did 5'9 at 126lbs and that's barely over underweight.

• Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight

remember it confuses weight with just fat

weight can also be due to muscle

so according to this thing someone that's just pure muscle would be obese

• right. I often forget about that. I think my legs are mostly muscle. I guess you would have to judge yourself when you use this.

• For an average body that's a little too light. 145lbs would be slim and fit for an average 5'9'' body.

Boxers who are 5'8'' show up completely dehydrated at 147lbs.

• How much muscle do you have?

• Well, I am not a person who has a 6pack. I guess you can say I am average.

• I suspect you could go lower. Waist measurement would tell more than weight.

• I'd say about 135 pounds

What Girls Said 4

• To be at your maximum health, their is an equation.

For a female, 100 lbs at 5'0 and +4-5 lbs for every inch taller. (try to keep it muscle.) You should be around 136-145lbs minimum. This is best so as to not put to much stress on organs by being too thin. Really, it depends on your body shape. If you got curves, work them girl! You'd be ideal for a model by the way. As long as you feel healthy, nothing else should matter. If you honestly feel like you are overweight and feel tired a lot, gain muscle. If you feel too thin, work out! Eat food:) It's yummy! Let your body do the talking. The sympathetic part of your brain will kick in if you're too thin or overweight and is causing damage(most people ignore it). Oh and try yoga. It finds your balance. Goodluck <3

• That would be a pretty muscular girl, seriously. Not saying its bad, but I know _very_ few women who are 150 lbs of muscle.

• I'm not saying to gain all muscle. But, muscle weights A LOT more than fat does, hence why the more muscular you are, the high the metabolism.

• depends on your build. 125-126 is my healthy weight and I'm 5'9"

• The theory is 5lbs for every inch over 5 feet so for 5"9 it would be roughly 145lbs

• About 135lb is good for you... I wouldn't drop below that if you want to maintain your health