When making eye contact with a guy that I am interested in, do I look away first?

When making eye contact with a guy that I am interested in, is it best to look away first?

Is it bad if the guy looks away first?

Do I look back after I look away?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard that to really catch a guy's attention, you look away, then you look back at him to see if he's still looking at you.

Unfortunately, the one and only time this has happened to me, I think I messed it up. The guy had finished talking and we just gazed in each other's eyes. I probably had a stupid look on my face (i.e. not smiling) because all my mind could think about was "oh my gosh, we're eye gazing, we're eye gazing." It had never happened to me before so I wasn't sure how to go about it. He finally broke the contact. I probably failed that test, sigh.

What Guys Said 1

• No, it actually tells him that you like him. lol, it does.

And llok back after to see if it happens again, but this time don't let it go. See how long it goes.

What Girls Said 2

• It's meant to be good flirting when you look away first but then look straight back. Personally, when I make eye contact with the guy I like I forget all about that and we end up just staring lol. Do what comes natural. It isn't bad if the guy looks away first-its funny-with the guy I like he once looked away and then looked straight back and usually that's what girls do lol.

• you look for like 3 seconds and then you look down and smile then after another 3 you look back for a bit longer