Does size matter to men?

I've always wondered this. Do guys often automatically discount fat girls (literally very overweight/obese) or do they only turn them down when they don't click personality wise or emotionally?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy. Some guys will for sure. In fact I'm reasonably sure you're gonna get a flood of shallow dickheads in here talking about how they only want a skinny girl. (and may even downvote me for calling them dickheads.) I for one am not the type of guy who discriminates. If she's heavy, I don't turn her down based on that alone. I dated a heavy girl for a quite a while. One for a couple years and one for several months. It's no big deal. Personality really is what's important.

Let's hope I'm not that rare a breed.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't date an obese girl just because of the lifestyle issues. I like to do active things like hiking, kayaking, taking my dog to the park, etc. an obese person just can't keep up with my sort of lifestyle.

Then I think about how it's just not attractive to me.

Then I feel bad if they've got a great personality and everything else, I just wish they were healthier, and if they wanted to put the effort into losing weight I'd be totally supportive and helpful, but as a friend.

• It would just be the guy's preference, just like any one has preference.

If a girl is very over weight or obese, honestly, I would turn her down. There needs to be an attraction visually and personality wise and for me personally I am not visually attracted to over weight/obese women, I have nothing against them but in terms of relationships/dating its just not my preference.

• For most guys, yeah. Sometimes it's purely a physical attraction issue, and other times it's because they assume things about the girl's personality, lifestyle, health, etc. based on her body.

• If men aren't physically attracted to you, your personality doesn't matter. I don't understand why all these fat questions are out, exercising a couple times a week is not hard.

• Hahah @ "all these fat questions"

hahahha

That was funny. :D

I agree with this answer though!

• it does. there might be guys who are attracted to fat girls but won't date them because of the social stigma (from guys and girls). its a general consensus that fat girls are unattractive. - a societal thing.

• It's how they wear the weight. If they have a face that I am attracted to then I will still be attracted. There is a limit though. One thing I always say is that if your waist is wider than your hips, then it's a huge turn off to me.

• fat girl is auto turn off. I'm not talking like a little pouch on the stomach I'm talking like full on gut. can't get attracted to that no matter how much I would try

• I'm a sucker for a pretty face, and I think I am fairly forgiving on that, but I have a limit.

What Girls Said 0