Is this a healthy weight for a 17 year old girl?

I'm 172cm tall, (that's about 5'8 I think?) and I weigh around 70kg (which is around 154lbs). Check out my link for a photo:

link

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't look overweight in your photo and your body mass index (BMI) is ~23 which is fairly average so you're not overweight in that regards. Waist circumference is a better indicator for health risk than BMI, if it is over 80cm then medically you would be considered considered overweight and be at increased risk of weight-related health problems.

In any case, it sounds like you do indeed have a healthy weight for your height and age. Remember, weight is also determined by ethnicity, genetics, diet/lifestyle/activity, medical conditions and some medications, so things like BMI are only ever a guide. You look fine and if you feel healthy, aren't eating too much junk and doing some physical activity then you don't really have anything to worry about.

• My waist circumference is 28inches which is around 71cm which is under 80cm so that's promising. Thanks for the advice. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Just a little too much weight. Lose it now while it's relatively easy to do that, when you have the time and no pressures.

• I'm gonna be honest you're body type is the most attractive to me. Like you're a little slim, but you also have some curves which is just right for me haha. But if you still want to change what you have you should try toning instead of trying to get slim.

• since your a girl I think so you shld reduce it to 60 kgs if your 70 kgs your waist line must be more than 32 inches netyme ...im 20 my weight is more than this but its lean mass ...i try to keep my waist line around 28.5 to 29 inches since I have to look young and fresh ...if you will reduce your weight to 60 kgs you will look younger fitter and better ...do cardio avoid junk foods sugary stuffs good quality carbs and proteins and low fat

• yeah I feel like I could be thinner than I am.. but I don't wanna get into the whole 'im so fat' thing that girls get caught up in these days, you know? I don't think I'll aim for 60kg (I was 59kg when I was 13, and I was really skinny. I think it's cos I was tall) I think 65kg's the way to go.My waist is 28inches, but my top half is skinnier than my bottom half for some reason. But thanks for the advice anyway :)

• go for 65 kgs whatever you loose it will make you look good feel good and stay healthy ...best of luck

• You don't look overweight at all.

I see no reason why should you do any diets or exercises.. maybe except exercises for toning, which are good basically for everyone regardless of their weight.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you look great and totally healthy! You aren't overweight to begin with and what "weight" you do have seems distributed quite well which is really what's important.

• Your average(love the dress btw) so there's nothing to worry about, your at a healthy weight :)

• it's perfect muche between yourweight and your length so cary on it is very healthy