I need serious hair help, I'm really scared?

My hair is so dead. It used to be curly and black and then I bleached it and now it's really dead. I've tried so many treatments but I think the bleach over-processed my hair and it's breaking everywhere, even an inch away from the roots. I really don't know what to do :/ I can't run my hand through my hair without breaking at least 10 strands of hair. Any suggestions?

I went to the salon today and they said they can't do anything about it. I ended up getting a buzzcut, an inch in length. My hair used to be past my waist. It looks terrible :( Thanks for your help though guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly there isn't a whole lot you can do. cutting off the damaged ends could do you lots of good though. if you are not up for cutting your hair, which I totally understand what you need to do is bring moisture back into your dry brittle hair. you need to be very gentle with it. I recommend either using a leave in conditioner when your hair is damp out of the shower or an oil on your ends. you can buy Argan oil or Moroccan oil at a beauty supply store or online. you can put it in damp hair also. I don't recommend you use any heat styling on it for months or coloring it. use shampoo as little as needed because it strips your hair of its natural oils further, drying it out more. once your hair stops breaking off really easily you can buy some coconut oil from the grocery store and heat some up and rub it through all your hair and leave it on as long as possible (a half hour, hour, four hours, even overnight) then you can wash it out and shampoo and condition as usual. this helps build moisture. you can use other oils but coconut oil is the only oil whose molecules are small enough to actually penetrate the hair cuticle. also try to brush your hair as little as possible (maybe consider buying a tangle teezer) because brushing your hair makes breakage. basically whatever you do with it be as gentle as possible. any questions just leave them as a comment :) hope I helped!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• First, you should consider cutting a portion of the end of your hair. This will prevent the split ends from traveling to the root and causing further damage.

Secondly, invest in a good hair shampoo and conditioner. I strongly recommend Joico K-PAC reconstructive shampoo and conditioner. It won't be cheap, but it does wonders.

Thirdly, invest in a product called Redken anti snap. This is to prevent your hair from snapping at the touch. It also won't be cheap but it good.

Go to a hair stylist once every 3 months for regular trims and hair maintenance.

AVOID:

Avoid readying your hair or applying heat. This is the fastest way to damage your hair to baldness. This includes blow drying as well.

Hope it helps & good luck.

• My suggestion would be to get it cut. At least get some of the dead weight off.

Also, go to a salon. I'm sure there is treatments they can do for you, and/or they can offer you advice.

• If you go to a salon, they can do regular deep protein treatments, but they'll only be about once every 6 weeks.

ApHogee 2 minute reconstructor is pretty good, it definitely helped my hair. I didn't bleach, I just dyed it black(from dark brown), but still. Damage is damage

• Last summer I pretty much got my hair shaved off, cause it was so damaged. If you put your hair in braids it grows.

• virgin olive oil, but I am not sure if it will work. once your hair is broken, you cannot fix it. get short hair cut and wait. hope your hair will be fine.

• Ok first get some leave in conditioner, the bleach completly dried out your hair. Then get a shower cap everynight before you go to bed put in the conditioner and the cap on top, when you wake up in the morning rinse it out really good this will help the hair strand from drying out. Then you need to get a good strengthening shampoo I suggest a Paul Mitchell brand and this is to help build up the strengh of your hair. Hope this helps good luck!

• You need to go to a salon. They might can do repairing treatments.