Should your girlfriend be smaller than you?

I'm 5'3 and I weigh 130 lbs.. so I'm not exactly the smallest girl out there. & with all this pressure on people to look physically good, I was just wondering if I should lose weight. Guys; do you prefer it if your girlfriend is smaller than you? (weighs less, is thinner etc)

Most Helpful Guy

• I weight 180. I prefer women under 180, yes.

I like pretty tall girls, but if she was over 6'3, that'd take some getting used to.

What Guys Said 12

• Short and curvy? Sign me up, lol. I don't think I could date a girl who was heavier than me, but then again I'm 210 lbs so it's pretty unlikely anyway. Height is not a big concern for me but I guess ideally I'd prefer to be taller than her.

• Yes...smaller/shorter is good. But at 5'3 and 130lbs you should be smaller than the vast majority of guys. So don't worry about it... just be confident, take care of yourself/your body, and do your thing.

• I'm 5' 10" and 265 lbs; you're half my size. LOL.

Most guys DO like their girl to be smaller then they are, yes, but not all guys care. And you're pretty small anyway, so you've got nothing to worry about in that department.

• I don't have that preference.

This girl I met that is 5'10'' who has a girthy body (not fat, just big bones) she makes me look like scrawny boy (I'm 5'11") yet when I look at her I don't think "wow, she's just too big I can't stand that". It's about the personality and well... whether or not she's good looking.

Would she be turned off by the fact I'm not a 6'4'' lumberjack on a football scholarship? Probably. But I personally don't set boundaries for myself based on measurements and such. To me, girls are the ones who are the most self-conscious about it because they DO size up their partners for whatever reason (maybe thinking about what the sex would be like, how you would appear in public, etc) Guys counter back with their own preferences because of the insecurities stemming from what girls want.

• For some guys smaller is appreciated, but in all honesty it doesn't matter. Either way, you're pretty small as is, and you're not what I would call overweight. 130 is a good size. Either way you're gonna weigh less and be shorter than most guys you come across so there is no reason to worry about this.

Stop being so insecure. You're fine.

• I'm 5'1 and 155lbs the odds of me finding a girl smaller than me is very unlikely so generally speaking I don't care about that. for your height of 5'3 and 130lbsyou are in the normal weight to height range.

PS: I do plan on loosing 10-15lbs over the summer because I'm in the fat category for my height range.

• Yeah I think so, I would prefer shorter then me and her to weigh less... although with weight I would care more about how she carries it then the digits I wouldn't care

• i prefer smaller girls. I'm not a very big dude, I'm only 5'9 160, but most girls are smaller than me

• That is small you dunce.

• idk about weight but I don't want my girlfriend to have smaller ass than me lol

• I don't mind a tall girlfried.

• 130 is pretty good for that height. better if you were at least one inch taller

• yeah Hopefully I'm still growing lol. But I'm trying to be more active, so the number may go down if I don't grow

What Girls Said 2

• ok, you know that is a healthy size. I am the same height, a few lbs lighter than 130lbs still close to it, and I am slim enough. I rather not be skinny lol

• everyone is attracted to different things. I'm 5'7 and way 160 so its sort of the same thing and I don't have too much trouble. as long as you carry your weight well, that's all that matters.