Am I supposed to become uglier or what?

Yesterday my boy & I went to the club with our friends and in about one hour he lost his good mood. We left in a few hours and while waiting for the cab, he told me he got so pissed there, because while we were dancing together, other dudes were checking me out, looking at my butt and talking about me.

He found it really disrespectful towards both of us, and he said he even told them to stop, but they didn’t and so he was just waiting for them to touch me and then he would get really aggressive and fight. That fortunately didn’t happen. Anyway, in the end it looked like he was mad at me as well, he was not friendly and I felt quite uncomfortable and unwelcome at his place.

Thing is that he is extremely handsome, girls are running around him and giggling not only in the clubs, but also at school and practically anywhere at all times. There is a number of chicks at school who simply stopped greeting me just because I "stole" their idol. So I have to deal with a lot of sh*t as well. I don’t wanna brag, but in this story it is important to say that we are a really attractive couple. So in bed I told him - look, I am also dealing with this stuff daily, girls chasing you in front of my eyes etc. But I love you, and if this is the price I have to pay for being with you, I accept it. You might have to do the same.. or what am I supposed to do? Get uglier?

He said it doesn’t concern me at all, its simply that he hates how disrespectful guys can be. He also said he feels proud for having a beautiful girl and that he wouldn’t mind if men talk to me normally or buy me drinks or dance with me, but checking out my ass etc is disturbing. Guys, please help me around here, what’s up with this statement? I don’t understand! If I accept drinks from other dudes its OK (I would never do it anyway as I am in a relationship), but if they check out my butt he gets aggressive and mad? This doesn’t sound logical to me, there must be something else going on...

I think that either he just says it would be OK, but then he would get mad anyway... or, as he said, this is the first time he has a girl that guys check out so much, and he doesn’t know how to deal with it... honestly, he never had to chase or fight for any girl except me. Perhaps I am unintentionally ruining his ego. What should I do to make the situation better? We love each other so much, we are such a perfect match in everything, our only problems come from the fact that we are attractive. It sounds actually hilarious when I put it this way. tonight we are going out again after his football match (it’s finals so we have to, I would rather stay in though, honestly). I don’t want the same thing to happen again.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some clubs are meat markets where you have to expect this sort of behavior. He needs to be less jealous though, can't be getting into fights every time a dude checks you out. He needs to remind himself that no matter how much they look you are going home with him and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

What Guys Said 1

• Going to the club with a girl is the same as going to the forest carrying firewood.

I think you both should rather go to a concert or some festival instead of a club.

What Girls Said 1

• well you're young& at a club. OK, none of you should be surprised. guys are hitting on u. or staring at u. that's what people do at clubs.

your title indicates you want attention. his tantrum, indicates, he wants more attention.

u guys should go have sex.