Am I unattractive because I never had a boyfriend?

I am 16 almost 17, and I have never had a boyfriend, or my first kiss, and every time I like a guy, nothing ever happens with that guy. I'm always told by my friends and family I'm pretty, but because of this I feel unattractive. So am I unattractive, or is there just something wrong with the guys around me?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. To be completely honest, I am in the same situation. 16, never had a girlfriend, no first kiss. Lots of people say I am attractive also. There have been guys that have liked you in the past, maybe they were too shy or maybe they showed signs but you didn't pick them up. Unfortunately, I have asked 3 people out before. All of which I knew liked me at one point, but I didn't get the signs "quick enough" and all three straight up rejected me. So missing signs is entirely possible.

What Guys Said 9

• unattractive is a relative term. I feel unattractive, but I'm told by people that I'm really hot, like braad pitt resemblance hot. I've only had 2 girlfriends, neither of them for more than a few months. it might be your confidence, or maybe you just miss signs. because I don't believe anyone is unattractive, because there is always someone who thinks they are. Both my brothers can attest to that lol

• Yeah, I def. have to work on my confidence, thanks

• Exactly, I def don't feel attractive, but I've modeled and done nike commercials. :(

• You should because you are. To me, it's always been the good looking guys have the biggest egos. Maybe there something about your personality that's preventing you from reaching ur full potential. lol

• If you're friends and family say you're attractive, listen. Don't think otherwise because you're 17 and have never had a boyfriend, or first kiss. It's not the end of the world, and very far from it. I know it can seem tough, but it isn't. And there probably isn't a thing wrong with the guys around you, maybe it's just the way you feel about yourself. Feeling unattractive can hurt your chances, but it won't stop you from having a boyfriend in the future. Build your confidence, chin up, and take off.

• Don't doubt you're attractiveness guys sometimes hide there feelings because they don't like people to see what going on inside their heads lol. In reality you probably are appealing to some guy you know he just doesn't know how to make the first move maybe.

• nothing wrong with you. I'm 18 and in the same boat. you'll find somebody, I can tell don't know how but I can. difference between you adn me (besides gender) is that I am actually unattractive, whereas from what I can tell your not. so you 16 big deal, countless guys prob liek you, you just can't see it cause your looking at yourself thinking your unattractive and not seeing what is straight in front of you. you will find somebody trust me ;)

• Maybe you impress them too much or you turn them down (a fame of "turning down" goes around too) or you don't look at the right guys for you.

• To be quight honest I am 16 and have never been on a date or even kissed a girl so remember not everybody has had a boy/girlfriend and that everybody finds their person eventualy, it may take some time but it will happen. Also saw your profile pic and you are a beutiful girl and I would so date u.

• im not in the same boat, but I remember how it is, to feel like that, doesn't mean ur not attractive just means you haven't met the right guy yet, just takes time, don't rush it, let me ask you something, does it bother you that other people around you are happy with their signif. others, and you don't have one, or are you ok about that? if ur ok with it, then it just means ur not ready for a boyfriend yet

• im 16 and I've never been asked out even :( so I think its probably normal. I feel the same way though

• Hey I'm in the same boat! But I realized something a few weeks ago, just be spontanious, have a positive look on everything...if I doesn't work out or you screw up SO WHAT, trust me you'll get over it! So seriously try it, be crazy think outside of the box and do things radical to your usual actions and just don't hold back...you'll be amazed by the confidence boost. I'm doing it now...and currently it's working in a big way for me. There is this girl I reall liked all last year I never even could talk. Not once! Now that I have this new perspective, she's like putty in my hands! Ah life is so wonderful!

What Girls Said 15

• no that's not true. I didn't have a boyfriend until after highschool and I get hit on all the time. it just depends on where you are and if you know a lot of guys. my friends and I like to hang out sometimes at clubs and if you get a lot of compliments, then you're attractive. you don't need a boyfriend to know that you're attractive

• There's nothing wrong with you. It may be that the guys you're hanging out with just aren't that into you, or they're nervous and don't know what they want. Do you really want to be with someone for the sake of being with someone? ... Don't lower your standards and have some more confidence in yourself! Before anyone else can love you, you have to love yourself first--as cliche as that sounds, it's true.

• I am in the same boat. I lack confidence because of my smile...this may sound minor to you but EVERYONE has one flaw they can't stand. There is NO SUCH THING AS AN UGLY PERSON! Everyone is beautiful in their own way =) not all guys are as shallow as you may think. Its a proven fact that once a guy falls in love, they do not see any of your flaws. So don't worry, I'm 16 too and I've never been kissed. Mr.Right will come along don't you worry. My boyfriend and I are both soo shy we haven't even kissed yet and its been 2 months! lol

• im 21 and I got my first kiss on sat. I am a pretty girl, I guess guys are just 2 shy. I don't remember my kiss because I was drunk, but I know it was a really sweet guy I've known for 2 years. I still don't have a boyfriend and I'm still a virgin, never had a boyfriend. I think I'm doing just fine, concentrate on your future before you get caught up with a dude, get preo & ruin your life

• Hun, no worries. I consider myself to be a cutie-pie, smart, sweet, and all that jazz. Besides pecks and what not when I was little and didn't know better, I never got kissed until I was 21. Boy, was I happy to have waited so long. It was such a good kiss.

• Im not in the same boat anymore, but I know how it feels. And since your only 17 then yeah don't sweat it. I didn't get in a relationship till I was 18. So just be patient. the right guy will come to you. Those other guys maybe scared of you, but like the others say there are many reasons. I'm sure if your family and friends say you are attractive then you are.

• i just turned 18, and am considered smart and pretty. even so I've never been kissed, or had boyfriend...it all depends on the person. every persons first is different, so I wouldn't stress=]

• wooow SAME! but I thyink that I'm just really picky. Maybe you could've had boyfriends but you weren't interested in them because you weren't attractive to you.

• I doubt you're untrractive, I'm 19 and I've never been in a relationship. That probably happens because guys are too scared to come up to you. Don't sweat it girl, you have years to find someone!

• no way. I think I'm attractive, but I've never been asked out... maybe it's because you either intimidate them, scare them off (which is EASY to do!), or you are just too mature.

there are SO many possibilities.

• Theres definitely nothing wrong with you, I'm sure you just havnt found the right guy yet...

• im in the same boat don't worry I feel the same

• you probably intimidate them

• they are probably too intimdated

• i didn't get my first real kiss til I was 17...mainly cause I lived with my dad and wasnt allowed to date...and when I lived with my mama, the guy I dated wasnt allowed to come over...

just make yourself aproachable...make the boys wonder what you have...like wear a simple top with a pretty necklace, capri's and heels...

if you're going to school though maybe just ballet flats...heels are horrid to walk in :)

wear make up if you want, but remember less is more...keep the eye shadow to natural colors that look good with your skin tone and eye color(almay has some to match eye color!) and little to no eye liner...

:)

im sure you are a beautiful girl and you'll get your first kiss soon!