Ladies, would you date a "bigger" guy?

I have the body type of a bouncer at a club.

Here's a pic: link

I've always been self conscious about this but I want to know what you ladies have to say. I have feelings for a girl that is on the smaller side so would us dating be awkward? I'm a very outgoing and outspoken person. I'm athletic and am a musician. I've played the guitar for 7 years and have been singing since I watched my first Disney movie. Haha

After thinking about it, I have the body type of either a bouncer or a football player.
So today during class we were flirting across the room. Blowing kisses and what not. After class, we were hanging around talking to a couple of classmates. She was sitting on a counter-top and I was standing next to her when she grabbed my arm. We just carried on the conversation arm-in-arm but eventually she grabbed my arm even tighter and laid her head on my upper arm. I flexed my arm and she squeezed/hugged it. No joke, the second that she squeezed, I got weak kneed. I got butterflies in...
...my stomach and everything. I felt like I wanted to protect her from anything bad happening to her. Or like she was mine to take care of. You know?

I've never felt this way about a girl and to be honest, it makes me kind of nervous. I've had maybe 6-7 girlfriends but none of those relationships started with me feeling the way I do with this girl.

Okay so knowing that, what should my next step be?

Most Helpful Girl

• Appearance means very little to me. Someone can be "my type" or be an average body type, and they can be ugly in my eyes if they have no personality.

Yes, I would date someone who is a little bit on the heavy side if their personality clicked with mine. There are some women that won't though. Everyone is different and you won't get just one answer on your question. Hopefully the girl can see past a few extra lbs and give you a shot.

What Girls Said 5

• Hmm, I think I would date a bigger dude if I knew is personality first. I'm not shallow but I am picky. If I got to know the dude first hand overtime I can learn to like them for them.

• Thanks for your input. I've known her for a while and we've always had this chemistry that neither of us have really bothered to explore, but I think I'm starting to like her more and more each day.

• Yes. I think tjats kinda sexy on a guy

• you can't tell the body shape from that pic, but no I wouldn't date a guy who is fat.

• lol @ last update, I have a freind that plays football that we joke around saying he would be a good bouncer

• yes, a lot of girls would go for that body type.. it just comes down to personal preference. Don't be self-conscious - it won't be awkard dating a smaller girl, you'll make her feel safe lol. girls love hugging bigger guys :P

What Guys Said 1

• probably not