Girls, do you ever wear skirts or dresses casually?

It seems like girls on really wear them when they are going to work(depending on their job) or if they are going somewhere formal. Maybe it is just that I don't go to the right places or that it has to do with where I live.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. I wear them both all the time. I don't own a pair of trousers or jeans or anything.

• Wow, I should be you a statue or something.

• Erm ... usually like mid thigh or something. Sometimes full length too.

• What type or style do you like the best?

What Girls Said 25

• I wear lots of skirts and dresses in the summer, when I can wear bare legs and sandals with them. But during the colder months I stick with pants, unless I'm dressing up, because I find it harder and less comfortable to wear dresses and skirts with tights especially if I want to keep warm.

• I wear skirts a lot of the time for casual situations. All kinds, cotton flowy ones, long denim ones, medium length denim ones, etc. Dresses, I consider to be more formal, mostly because the ones that are trendy right now don't appeal to me and they're all too short.

• Why not just were dresses that are a length you like?

• I do occasionally. I have all of two that are casual, but they're hard to find now. I always check the dress racks when I shop. They're all knee length or above, but more frequently...above. I'm a modest girl, so I don't like the styles now. So much exposed skin. Bleh!

• I think that dresses are better when they are knee length, skirts can be a little shorter.

• I wear skirts all the time. Jeans sometimes. There are formal "pencil" cuts and more casual "box cuts" or flirty a-lines. They're nice to wear, especially now in the spring/summer months, when bare legs need tanning.

• Could you show examples of the different ones?

• Thanks, I googled them and I like a-line the best.

• Yes, that's a nice one for the spring/summer.

• I wear dresses and skirts all the time! I love dresses and skirts, they are flirty and fun :P

• I wear skirts and dresses probably one or 2 days of the week whens its colder out (with tights) and 4-7 days a week in the summer. I generally like them a lot better than pants because its really hard for me to find pants that are long enough. And I wear them to every day things, like going to class or just hanging out

• I only really wear dresses, but I wear them as a top because high street dresses are too short. I wear them over black legings with tights underneath and a plain cardigan in the winter.When I have PMS, I wear jeans, a white baggy top and a beige cardigan.

• yes,with tights,but everybody thinks I'm dressing up wen I wear them,i don't get what's so ''fancy'' about dresses

• Who thinks you dressing up?

• friends,parents.

• that would suck. If I got told all the time by people I was dressing up, it would be annoying.

• I definitely wear dresses / skirts regularly

• Yea. For the past year, I've been really into maxi dresses. I've also been trying to find alternatives to wearing jeans all the time. So I've bought some nice casual dresses this past fall to wear with tights (I love tights).

• Rarely. I'm very, very used to wearing pants all the time, so wearing a skirt or dress usually just feels weird and uncomfortable. And then there's the fact that I'm in and out of laboratories all day - with a dress code that requires long pants and closed-toed shoes, there's not much room for anything else.

• Wear them almost everyday, they're just so much more comfortable than jeans

• What makes them more comfortable?

• idk your legs kinda have more space and they just fit well. It's often hard to find jeans that fit comfortable and look good on you at same time, with skirts its just easier. And particulary when you sit down jeans can feel uncomfortable easy

• I like to wear them casually! People say I look too dressed up so I don't wear them as much as I'd like :/

• Ugh,people.

• You should wear them if that's what you like to wear.

• haha OK. yeah, I guess I do anyway.

• Yeah, I definitely do. Although not as much as I would like.

• Why not as much as you would like?

• I work at a place where I have to wear pants and it is a 30 minute walk to my closest class and I live in a very windy place, so wearing dresses isn't really functional for my life very often.

• I personally love dresses and skirts, especially in the spring and summer :)

• I wear skirts and dresses every day! Love 'em.

• I do quite often, I even wore a skirt today :)

• Yes, I usually just wear tight dresses and flowly dresses.

• Yes, I do. Just had one on the other day out & about.

• I like the skirt in your pics.

• I couldn't resist looking after the QA said your skirt looked nice. I like both your skirts and you have nice legs and look super cute in all 3 of your pics. Sorry, not trying to be a creep but I just had to compliment you. No way you're 28! You look a lot younger.

• skirts

• So you don't wear dresses?

• Yes, I do wear skirts and dresses casually.

• Before last summer I never wore skirts or dresses unless I was going somewhere formal. But I sometimes wear them now. Especially in summer. Way to hot to wear jeans ,lol.

• sometimes

• that's a little vague.

• I wear dresses probably every single day. with tights in the winter, and without in the nice weather.

dresses are a staple in my wardrobe. I think they look good on absolutely any body type, and can be the perfect thing to wear in basically every single situation :)

• You sound like my kind of women.

• I love wearing dresses casually with tights or leggings and boots.

• Why with boots?

• I'll wear knee high casual boots or rider boots or a dress with gladiator sandals.

• im wearing one right now :D

• You are, that's awesome.

• So it was not windy going to class?

• it was, which is how I knew I should change.

What Guys Said 0