Is it appropriate to wear nice shoes for this date?

I have a date this weekend and I wanted to wear nice shoes. Like heels or some ankle boots with heels. However it turns out we are going bowling and out to dinner. I am not sure if these shoes are appropriate for this date. I mean obviously I would wear bowling shoes while bowling but I am not sure if it is a good idea.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that if s/he's taking you bowling,it's more of a casual date,flats would be more appropriate,but you can wear some non flashy heels, something that's a bit more comfortable

• Yeah, this is probably what I will do. However, digging through all of my shoes and finding some what fit that category will be hard.

What Guys Said 3

• Right, a bowling date, you worry more about yur socks than our shoes. Wear some casual shoes that are easy to et on and off for the bowling. Also, really dressy shoes at a bowlin galley look a little comical to most people.

• I use to have a girl "friend". We would go bowling and to dinner every week and she would change into her heels before we went to dinner then would change out of them after dinner, when we went to bowling...vice versa. It just depends on if he's fine with you changing, on your "date"

• I wouldn't necessarily say that you HAVE to wear nice shoes, but if you don't, my suggestion is to make sure to wear some cute casual shoes. If they are open-toed, definitely make sure your toes are painted, or at least somewhat "maintained" lol. Granted, I have a foot fetish lol, so no doubt this makes my answer biased, but I also know from all of my other guy friends (none of whom know I have a foot fetish) that cute shoes/feet are a major plus, and that "whatever"-type shoes and feet that aren't taken care of at least to an extent are a definite minus. The main thought on it amongst me and my friends is more or less that when a girl doesn't put any thought into the type of shoes to wear on a first or early date, she may not be that into the person she is seeing, and the other thing is that a girl who takes good care of her feet pays attention to the "little" things, and those are the most important in any potential relationship! Hope this makes some sense and helps!

• I don't think I actually own any flats...

What Girls Said 1

• I always wear heels when I am out so yea I would definitely wear heels to my date :).