Growing my hair out for a wedding, keep it or cut it?

I don't really like long hair and I cut it extremely short last summer. My dad is getting re married and I've been told to grow it out into a more conservative style. As soon as the wedding is over I was planning on chopping it all off but people have been telling me they prefer it long. Should I go with short hair immediately after? Or should I keep growing it out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you uncomfortable having long hair?

When you look back at wedding photos do you want to see your true self/personality being displayed (how important is that to you) or would you rather something more 'timeless'?

Usually it's a good idea to listen to family when it comes to looks but if you have a really strong opinion about short hair it might be good to go with what you will feel comfortable with on the day. Also since you're under 18 I would lean more towards growing it out as I think when we get older we tend to look back at old photographs and wish we did something different with our hair! I don't mean anything bad by that, I just know with personal experience I think that all the time. :P

The other option is just get some clip in extentions for your hairdo that day! There are so many options and types available, espeically if you put your hair in an updo it's pretty easy to hide. Many tutes on YouTube.

• Sorry, read the last bit wrong... maybe think about how you're going to maintain either style and go with the one you can be bothered doing?!

• My hair is currently too short for clip in extensions. During the summer I shaved most of my hair and kept the other side longer so it's in the middle of evening out. I'm 17 and have had mostly short hair through the whole of my childhood and I've been looking into more timeless and feminine hairstyles but I just don't know if I should chop it off when I get a lot of people telling me how they like it long. :P

• Since it's your hair and all... what is it to you... like its purpose, to make your overall appearence pleasing to most people, catch the attention of guys, wear it / color it however you like it whether it looks smokin' or not!? :D Then maybe we can help you come up with an answer hehe.. The timeless/feminine part is noted! :)

What Guys Said 4

• After the wedding it's up to you... do you want a short cute with low maintenance or a long cut that you can style more but more maintenance

• I kinda miss getting out of the shower shaking out my hair and going out without a worry..

• My girlfriend chopped hers off for a year, now she's growing it out again... so just go with what you want.

She liked have an easy to do hair but now she wants to spend time to style it again..

• I love long hair myself but you can keep it just above shoulder length and it'll be fine.

never really got short hair on girls, it rarely looks pretty (at least to me)

• So is this like your act of defiance because you don't like his new girlfriend

• Act of defiance? I really like his fiance! She just felt it necessary I look like a well rounded kid in the wedding photos without a standout hair style like I has the summer before.

• Just sayin'

• I saw your pic, long hair will look good on your face.

What Girls Said 5

• Its hard to answer this question without a pic of you with long hair. Personally I think long hair looks better 90% of the time. You have more room to style it too.

• How about you do what's more comfortable and flatterig to you?

Short hair can be styled too for weddings.

• you can get a conservative short haircut, something ladylike,like emma watsons cut

• Grow it! Long hair is super pretty. (I am trying to grow my hair!)

• Go long so you can style it for the wedding..