During the summer I get excessive amounts of freckles, what is causing it?

At this point it almost doesn't even seem like freckles. I get so many on my upper lip and on another place on my cheek near my right eye. There are so many that they end up combining into a huge patch.

They make me really self-conscious. I can covert them up with make up a little bit but eventually that doesn't even work anymore. I have been using lemons to lighten them but so far it isn't working very well.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need more sun protection.

Despite what the media says, there is no 'safe tan." The only kind of tan that is safe is a fake one.

Until then, you need to cover ever inch of your body that is exposed to the sun with an SPF of at least 30, however, its recommended that you go to at least 50, because when they test the SPF in the lab the test with a huge gob of it, therefore putting a small layer on isn't protecting you as much as you think it is, so the higher the SPF the better.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Your skin must just freckle easily. Wear sunscreen and a sunhat if you wan to try to prevent it- you should do that for safety anyway.

• But it only freckles in two places which doesn't seem normal to me

• Well, it freckles all over. However it puts more in these two particular spots.

• If you're concerned, see a doctor. And you MUST use SPF, especially if you are applying things that increase sensitivity, like medications or the lemon you mentioned.

• Its the sun. Are you outside more than usual? I used to get that when I was younger. You can try to wear sunscreen but chances are they'll still be there.

• You got freckles, welcome to the club. While you should always wear sunscreen, even with it you'll still get freckles. My skin just needs to hear "sun" and I get freckles. If you want real solid advice from someone who can actually examine your skin go to a doctor

• Do your skincare products contain salicylic acid?

• sun causes freckles...use sunscreen