Why do guys prefer girls with long hair as opposed to short?

Well, as a girl with short hair, I was just curious as to why guys

always say they prefer girls with long hair. Is there a certain reason?

Like in your mind is a girl with long hair just more appealing?

Or is it because, girls are supposed have long hair and boys are

supposed to have short hair. So, if you see a girl with short hair

you just assume she's not as feminine as you think a woman should be?

What's the reasoning behind this, please tell me?

And, is a girl having short hair a dating deal breaker or is it one of

those "as long as I'm attracted to her and I like her personality and

were compatible, it doesn't really matter either way things"?

Don't worry boys, this isn't a set up or a ambush. I'm not going to

get upset if a majority of you prefer long hair and I'm not going to

go off the deep end and leave mean comments on the answers

you give. So chill, it's just a question, I promise! : ) Thank You!

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe because long hair is being viewed as feminine..

I prefer something in between <3

link

link

link</a>

• of course short hair is not a deal breaker though..

we might have the same problem, as I like having hair

somewhere in the middle between long and short as well <3

What Guys Said 11

• Any 'why' around attraction is just a guess.

Its likely because from a young age, as small children 'women had long hair' so we associate that with femininity.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'short'. I find short bobs can be sexy, but real pixie cuts, no.

Its not a 'deal breaker as long as I'm attracted to her' but realistically it can impact how attractive I find her. A gorgeous girl still looks pretty good with a terrible haircut, but most of us (male and female) can't afford to burn through our looks so easily!

• My honest opinion: It's a cultural thing, not really a biological thing, and a recent cultural invention at that. Until the mid-19th century, both men and women had long hair, the reason women's hair remained long is some fluke of culture evolution. The two could have just as easily been reversed (men keeping long hair, women gaining short hair) in how they evolved and there would actually be people arguing something like "Long hair is masculine because it looks more wild and free, and short hair is feminine because it's neatly kept, needs constant attention, and enhances her delicate facial features".

However, not all guys are that way. I think Michaela Paige's hairstyle (a very short rocker girl/mohawk kind of hairstyle) is incredibly sexy. But long hair looks great on some girls, too. It depends on the girl, the style she's most comfortable with, and how she wears it. I just find it weird that hair length has become thought of as a tertiary sexual characteristic.

Short hair is far from a deal breaker, in fact on a good percentage of girls it actually looks better, and I like that shorter hair allows her to be more creative with her haircuts. But again, it ultimately depends on what looks best on an individual girl and what she's most comfortable with.

• I prefer girls with long hair for several reasons, some of them have relationship with some beliefs you have already said. Firstly, of course girls with long hair are more appealing because one of my favorites parts of a girl's body is her hair, then a short-haired girl is for me as a peacock without feathers.

The main reason I prefer girls with long hair is related to another belief from yours : "girls are supposed have long hair and boys are supposed to have short hair", especially with girls who are so strongly convinced about it that they are interested on having always long hair and they will try to make have a haircut to any guy in their social enviroment whose hair they don't consider to be short. I find these kind of women to have a higher status because they give me no option but having always their hair much longer than mine and I'm so excited about it. And feeling their hair while stroking their waist is a real turn on for me.

A girl having short hair is not a dating deal breaker for me. The most important thing about a girls is how she makes me feel. But at the begin, they have it more difficult to attract my attention. I remember once I knew a very long-haired girl in a pub and I invited her a drink some minutes later. A short-haired girl needs more merits to be invited a drink by me.

• i think a lot of guys can't admire the fact that women can wear short hair..i prefer short cause I'm a get up and go person..bunch of outdoor activities.but besides all that women with short hair have more character from my experience:)

• Long hair is feminine. Feminine is attractive to men. I like the way it brushes against me, the way it smells, and feels between my fingers. I have a shaved head so it is a very different world for me. =) Girls love to run their hands over my shaved spiky head as well. Why do they like short hair. =P

• because long hair is feminine and short hair makes you look like a little boy

• Because long hair are feminine, and always look waaaay better for girls.

Short hair looks masculine.. and any girl - I mean - any(!) girl can totally ruin her appearance by cutting her hair short! And yes - it's instant and absolute deal breaker.

No girl should ever cut her hair short.. its already enough that hardly any girl wears skirts.

• I just find long hair more appealing and feminine

• its just more feminine

• long hair is just cute ;3

• Why do girls prefer guys with short hair as opposed to long? There's you answer.

Long hair = femininity.

What Girls Said 0