Does it matter if you really dress nice?

I like to dress fancy and nice, I've always dressed very nice and buy expensive clothes. But I'm thinking is it a waste of money just to get some compliments? I dress for me but should I keep buying expensive clothes?

Most Helpful Girl

• If dressing nicely makes you truly happy and confident then don't stop. But you don't always have to buy expensive stuff. Sometimes you can still splurge but don't get yourself into debt just because you want a new expensive pair of jeans for example. Just keep things balanced. There's nothing wrong with looking casual every now and then.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't worry, I dress nice for myself but I only buy sales...then again I'm a teenager and my mum buys me the clothes and I don't have a job ha ha but don't judge ;) There are REALLY nice clothes at good prices. I could wear something dirt cheap and get heaps of compliments on them. Save your money, and put it aside for something you need, like a car or a house :)

• I don't think anyone dresses the way they do only for themselves. You even said it's a waste of money for some compliments. I don't care for expensive clothes. I get bored with mine eventually and my shoes get damaged quick, no matter how much they costed, so I'd rather buy cheaper ones.

I'm pretty sure you could do just as good with cheaper clothes.

• If you have the figure and the height it could make a huge difference but if you are not exceptionally good looking, the clothes won't change much.

• Yeah, why not, if it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt anyone, go ahead. :)

What Guys Said 3

• If you dress nicely because you like it, then you should keep on doing it, so long as you have enough money for other things like food and rent and whatever. Being dressed nicely not only makes yourself feel better but it probably sends a signal to others about the type of person you are. Just make sure you also carry yourself confidently and not to act like a total douche with your nice clothes. I knew a guy in high school who wore a suit and tie everyday to school and he was a gigantic douche. That's just per my experience.

• You CAN dress nice with cheap clothes.

As long as the clothing fits well and the color work well together you're good.

Also F*ck Fashion, it's all about style. Find one that works for you and you'll look good AND be rich.

• If you really dress for you, yes. If you do it because you think that's how other people want you to look, then no, but it you do it because that's how YOU like you best then keep on doing it.