Are back tattoos a turn off?

im going skydiving this summer and was thinking of getting wing tattoos that would cover around half my back (I don't like the way tiny wings look)

would that be a turn off for a guy?

would you guys rather see a girls bare back or see a big tattoo like that?

it would be the only tattoo on my body save for a small peace sign on my wrist... I'm not punk-y or emo or anything... would a big tattoo seem out of place on a "normal" girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like tattoos when there's some sort of a symbol or text.. and when they aren't covering entire part of the body.

Just like any other kind of art it's the quality - how good it looks what matters the most.

Many tattoos are bad and they suck. But many tattoos look really great!

About wings on your back.. it sounds really weird and stupid but when I see such thing it makes me wonder why don't you have 'real' wings but just a big image of them on your back? It's kinda dizzying to me.. not really good vibe. A rose or a star would look so much better!

It's hard to explain, hope you got what I mean.

What Guys Said 10

• I think that would be really weird. I'd wonder about yur mental state with a huge back tattoo.

• I generally don't like tattoos but 2 or 3 are OK. I like a girl bare back but I could get use to it. I don't think I notice a girls back very often unless at a beach or something.

you might have to get use to guys calling you his angle or some how using angle as a nick name though.

• do you live in newfoundland my sister does tattoos and if you are in the same town than I would love to help her get some work.

• Yes, that's a turn off.

I'd much rather have a girl talk to me about the fun things she's done in life -- sky diving, or vacation trips, or scuba, or whatever -- than to find out she gives herself 'merit badges' on her skin for them.

• Haha please don't get any tattoos the bare skin looks really sexy plus tattoos look good till you become are in your thirties I wouldn't f*** a girl with a tattoo on her back it makes them seam fake

• too big

• If I had the choice? I would like her more without it. it wouldn't be a gigantic deal for me if she had one though

• i like how tattoos look on athletes(guys) no homo lol but women... I don't know I would prefer my woman to have a flawless skin without drawings. think about it please.

• wld b a turn off for me, I don't really like tatoos, especially big ones

• Unattractive

• To me, all tattoos are a turn off. It's even more of a turn off when the tattoos are big or there are a lot of them. That being said, if they make you happy, my opinion isn't important.

What Girls Said 1

• It all depends if you can pull it off, really. But if you're going to get something that big, that permanent and that potentially painful then be sure it's what you really want. Wings are BEYOND cliche and getting them as a memento for having gone skydiving seems like a really weak excuse. Oh, also that tattoo, if done well, will cost A LOT. Wings aren't as simple as a peace sign and any place worth going for that kind of thing generally charges 60 dollars minimum, for something small/average sized and easy. This is none of those so expect to pay well over 100 bucks.

To me it just doesn't seem worth it, it seems tacky and cliche. If you really want to get a back tattoo get something that's actually going to be powerful and connect with you. Especially the reasoning seems weak and boring. Yes yes, wings because you're flying. Except you can't fly, you're falling.

It seems very tacky to me. But I'm not a boy so my opinion might not weigh as heavily.