Guys, how do you feel about odd colored highlights?

I'm tossing around the idea around to add some odd color or colors to my hair. I'm going to put links below :)

link

link My hair is dark drown so the main color layer would be brown and maybe darken the colors so they aren't so bright.

my whole head like that. I would keep it to pieces instead.

Anyways, would these hairstyles be a turn off or a turn on? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• They scream, ':I want attention!' If you want to do something like this, do a girlie blond highlights sort of thing, that looks more like someone just having fun. Trying to look 'sphsticated' with highlights...only works for older women, I think

• I could see how it may come of as attention seeking. I did find something way more toned down than the other photos link so I may go with something softer and not so BAM haha. Thanks for answering :)

• Best answer, no doubt!

What Guys Said 6

• i prefer girls with their natural hair color (generally matches their skin tone and suggests they're low maintanance), but that doesn't mean all guys will. it's your hair - make it look how you want it to.

• I like the last color the best. are you going to just do the bang or something?

• Well I was thinking bits of it here and there like this link I like how it's soft and blends in a lot better and its more gradual. I ended up finding that after I posted the question. :)

• Well then its the perfect opportunity to do something cool and different! :D

• I might take a pic tomorrow and post a question what type of hair styles would look good on me.

• Is that you in your Profile pic? sceptical...I have this theory...guys have preferences with regards to hair but females' hair is seldom a deal breaker...anyway...to answer your question and then some: I would prefer long & natural but would date you with short & weird colors...good enough?

• Yep it is me :) and well I wouldn't really call it a deal breaker but I don't like guys with long hair (shoulder length and longer) so I may not find them as attractive. :) everyone has their preferences!

• LOL! I meant FEMALES have long hair..I had a ponytail once but was 36 years ago...lol..I will send you a Friend Request and you can be shocked by my Profile & pics...lol...(:

• Oh haha! Now that I read it again I'm like oh duh that's what you meant! Okay :)

• meh

• It doesn't matter, if you're hot then you'll be hot with crazy colored hair. If you're ugly, you will still be ugly with crazy colored hair...

• Just have some fun and do it :)

What Girls Said 5

• Ive had all the colors in the rainbow in my hair. Not at the same time of course. I've done it for over 10 years but I don't do it for attention. I just feel comfortable with those colors in my hair instead of natural colors. I always get compliments on my hair, even from guys.

Just a bit of advice, always style your hair. Those colors tend to look trashy on messy hair.

• I dye my hair dark and I've had loads of different styles, colors. If you want, I can show you in a message (cause I don't like the world knowing what I look like) and you can see if any of it attracts you?

To give you an idea, I've had red/copper/blonde/purple highlights, and I currently have dark hair and a statement block blond fringe and blond underneath. I've had boring and crazy hair :)

• Cute! I've really had the urge to change it up, sure if you want to message me you can :) I'm curious to see what they look like on dark hair since I have dark brown hair! Thanks for answering!

• I'd go for the dip-dye look (Link # 1) that trend is really in at the moment and if it's done properly looks beautiful on dark hair, live a little and go for it.

• I'd personally go with the first one because if you don't like it, you still have some natural hair color.

The others just look overdone to me and unnecessary.

Plus, I think it could be fun to switch the bottom color every-so-often. Something that would be extremely damaging to your hair with the other choices.

But it's your choice! Do whatever you feel best, you're going to be the one looking at yourself in the mirror everyday. :]

• Thanks for answering I'll deff keep that in mind! :)

• You're very welcome! :]

Have fun choosing! :D Seems like an exciting thing to do. :P

• Go for it,

I like link #1