Fall in love online with someone overweight?

if you fell in love with a girl online an when you met she was overweight would you still love her? girl vice versa

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I think if someone lies badly about their size and weight then I think itis fair to become angry about that and feel tricked. I met a woman online about 13 years ago and she lied to me. She showed me pics of herself that were 7 years old and she was at least 70 lbs heavier when we met. I drove halfway from Appleton Georia and The southern coast of NC. When I saw her I was very disappointed and angry she lied to me.I bought her lunch and we parted ways after that and we did not talk much anymore and she just faded away into a memory.

What Guys Said 9

• Fall in love online? Seems unlikely.

But I can love a close friend no matter how they look I suppose.

All I know is that attraction isn't a choice... so if I found her physically unattractive there would be nothing I could do about it.

Plus, I'm going to assume that if I'm chatting with a girl online we've already exchanged photos and web cam conversations.

Falling in love takes time and it takes long term rapport... I just can't imagine online chatter could give me those things.

~ Robby

• I don't believe you can fall in love online.

That said, I think you can get to know someone reasonably well online, but if they lied about their weight, then you also know they are a liar. There is a flip side to it.

And if it somehow never came up, or the guy never asked for a picture.. well, in those rare circumstances I guess the girls size isn't that important to him, so finding out she was overweight shouldn't be an issue.

• I also believe you can't fall in love online. I thought I did once, but she turned out to be absolutely nuts (in a bad way) in real life. At any rate, it would depend on how overweight she is, and whether she lied about it.

• wht if it nvr got brought up

• Then it would depend on how overweight she is. While I am not overly picky, I would prefer to date someone who at least makes an attempt at taking care of their body.

• Trust is the center of love. If you lie about who you are, what you look like, etc. then it's going to all fall apart on you. You can talk and get to know people online, a friendship of sorts can build, and you may be interested in them/like them. Then you can Skype (video chat), and talk on the phone to get more involved and get to know them better. Eventually you can meet up and get to know them in person and date them. Love takes time and is more then talking on the internet, although there is a whole lot of talking involved. I would say you can like someone on conversation alone, but for things to progress, the rest of the relationship is going to have to develop in person over time.

• I wouldn't fall in love online. It doesn't happen. Become attracted to and want to meet someone sure. But not fall in love.

It depends how overweight is overweight. I don't mind a girl with a little bit extra, heaven knows I don't exactly have six pack myself. I find fat girls unattractive though.

But this isn't all guys. I've a few friends who not only don't mind fat girls but actively prefer them.

Also to consider- is this girl trying to conceal her fatness from me?

If she has been lying and tricking me into thinking she was a healthy weight then we meet and she isn't...well even ignoring my not liking fat girls that is not a good way to start at all.

You should just be honest about the way you are from the start. Better to turn off guys who wouldn't be into that sort of thing at an early stage before anything starts, it'll also help draw in the guys whose type is whatever shape you are.

• I don't fall in love online.

And it depends how much overweight. Usually I'm very forgiving if the girl is not too much fatter than she should be because I like curves and if she got them I can overlook a bigger stomach.

But if she's morbidly obese.. then I couldn't be attracted to her, and if there's no attraction then cannot be love.

• I don't meet girls online. I prefer Street.

• Well if she's honest upfront about it and I still seem attracted to her then yes we can make it work.

• i wouldve asked for her pic in the first place and she would have to be not fat for me to even like her in the first place..and then if we met it would be awkward but I couldn't be attracted to her with all that weight

What Girls Said 4

• Love is suppose to overlook flaws, or it isn't true love.. but then again what the hell do I know?

• I don't think we ever really fall in love online. We fall in love with the notion that this person is so great on paper,into the right things and seems great. Once you meet in person its that feeling that comes over that your in love with the whole package. Fat/skinny/short/tall and so on. Non of that matters as long as you feel it when your with that person.

• It'sd hard to say. I have to be attracted to someone in order to want to kiss them, cuddle with them in a romantic way, and be sexual with them. Attraction is apart of love. This is all coming from a girl who had an internet relationship with a guy for over a year before I let him see myself.

• it's possible anything is and just because it hasn't happen to anyone else does not mean it can't. However we hide so much more behind a screen you may be in love with the idea in your head---then reality hits.