Summer fashion advice needed please!

I have no fashion sense as I'm told from my mom. I know it's not the /best/ person to hear this from but she's so strict on clothes she won't let me wear tank-tops in public. So I need help finding something nice to wear for the warmer weather to come that will look good on me and that my over protective mom will approve of.

So.

(Looking at my picture) What do you recommend? :o

Most Helpful Guy

• Stick to pants that accentuate your figure and tight or fitting t-shirts. You don't have to show off a lot of skin to be beautiful or noticeable, really. Color schemes can draw the eye to your more attractive parts. The human eye recognizes green immediately, before all other colors so use greens when you want peoples eyes to shift there quickly and reds tend to be favored for sensuality so wearing red over portions of your body you consider attractive (even if only a short sleeved blouse or the like) might be potent. Fashion websites can give you tips as well for this specific season to boot (though some might be too racy for your mom). Regardless of what you wear, carry your head up high as the best fashion won't look good on you if you are moping or lack confidence. Much of attraction is attitude, as they say.

link

link

The second link is my favorite of the two but the science behind it is rather fascinating if you have an interest in such. Since your style is limited, color maybe your way to please mom and feel pretty and confident at the same time.

• Oh thanks so much for the help! I'll look more into that, it sound really cool! :D

What Guys Said 5

• Nice clothing, but your mom seriously wants you to go to malls with these kind of clothing, just tell her how uncomfortable they are, I'm not saying they look bad, I'm just saying its hard to move and do anythiing with them, this is what someone would wear at a party. Maybe just wear jeans and a non exposing top... but not dresses

• good point... ill try and get her to give in to letting me wear more comfy cloths but she's REALLY strict.

• Dress (with pink and green flowers)/black tights combo.

Also, o genki desu ka? :D

• Dress however you like. Ignore everyone's advice and be yourself.

• I /would/ if I was allowed to leave the house in all black. =_=;

• Why can't you? black is classy and sexy.

• And slimming. It makes you look thinner than you actually are. I agree with the answer. Just wear what you want, stand p to your mom!

• I like the outfit you have in the picture, maybe more stuff like that.

• Depends...I used to live in Netherlands...Do you want my European advice or my American?

What Girls Said 2

• I think summer dresses, although come in many styles can look stylish and classy so I'd go for that as a start and that can be dressed up and dressed down, it's a vast range and you can get longer ones and shorter ones that you can team with shorts ect. Another idea would be a play-suit/all in one because they are elegant and suit your age.

• Play-suit? :o never tried wear one but they look so cute! :D I'll try one of those thank! ;D

• She'll let you wear shorts without leggings right?

link and some sort of cardigan over it. - link

link

link

link - You can never go wrong with lace.

• Aaaaaaaaaah! They all look so cute!~ :D I'm totally going to Forever 21 this weekend now. XD Thanks for the help!